Sign in to follow this  
Guest WBHoenig

737ng Autothrottle Problem

Guest WBHoenig

I just bought the 737ng on Tuesday (both 600/700 and 800/900) and I am glad to say I love it. I found a nice tutorial on AVSIM which is helping me a lot. My problem started yesterday and it's pretty much gotten worse. Sometimes when I try to enable Autothrottle, it flicks on for a second, goes off, and flashes a light in the center of the panel that says "AT P/RST" pink. I cannot enable the autothrottle for TO/GA. It used to happen on about half of flights and restarting FS fixed it. However, I've not tried to enable it five times in a row (with restarting) and it still didn't work.

Do you have the Flight Director (FD) clicked on before you click the AT switch?After you click the AT on - you can click the TO/GA button (the screw in the upper left corner by the AT button).Hope that helps

Guest WBHoenig

I think I have it fixed. :-)

>I think I have it fixed. :-) Well please enlighten me. I've been having the same problem - it just started yesterday, and restaring the sim and loading a new aircraft doesn't seem to make a difference. I read the posts about the 747 autothrottle problems, but this isn't the same. So, what did you do to fix it?- Martin