Sign in to follow this  
marcgeerts

Looking for MCP for the Queen

Hi guys,I,mlooking for a compatibleMCP for the Queen.I read some bits here and there,like the new update beeing compatible with Aerosoft MCP?Is there out there such acockpit hardware addonthat I could buy?I live in Belgium .Or maybe inthe near future there'll be such an MCP maybe?I realy would like tha.Hoping for a possitive response...Regards...Marc

Hello Marc,Aerosoft MCP is no longer available, Aerosoft Australia stopped the production some years ago. Owner of Aerosoft MCP, like me are waiting now for several weeks to get a suitable update to use PMDG747. MR. McLean, the former owner of Aerosoft Australia, announced few weeks ago that he is willing to do a software update, PMDG announced they are collaborating with him, until today nothing happend yet. Do a search AEROSOFT AND MCP on this forum, and you will get an overview about this unclear situation.Valid other products are not on the market yet.Next year may be better,greetingsBernhard LSZH

Guest D-ASSC

It seems, that Andrew had some problems with his computer. Looking forward for the update, although the situation is not really clear to me.Happy new year Bernhard.Thorsten (STV1080)(20nm north of EDDS)

Hello Thorsten,happy new year as well. Momentarily I seized my PMDG747 activities(& STV activities) due this incombatilities with Aerosoft MCP. Its a pitty that things go so slow. CheersBernhard (LSZH)

Guest andyman

Maybe i should set up a donation thing with paypal to fund my Flight Sim hobby...

This is just a panel only. It does not include the interface to talk to FS and pmdg so no this panel will not work.Cheaper MCP panels can be bought from:Flight Deck SolutionsDakenskysCSIThe problem at the moment is the lack of interface hardware support. Hopefully this will change shortly as more and more simmers are looking for better realism and wanting to do away with the keyboard and mouse.Gary

Guest Big Jerry

Hi: All there is one listed on ebay. Do a search for aerosoft 747 MCP. The starting bid is 650.00 US Dollars and it is out of Canada. Time left: 6 days 23 hours7-day listing, Ends Feb-06-06 17:19:26 PST Start time: Jan-30-06 17:19:26 PST. Good Luck

There is also the MCP from www.cpflight.com that I intend to buy as soon as I can get rid of my Goflight MCP. It's compatible with Project Magenta, PMDG 737, PMDG 747 and LevelD. It costs 658,80 euros incl VAT and you can order it from them in Italy or eg www.simw.com in Belgium. It's actually based on the MCP you find in the 737 (85% scale version) and there is also an EFIS you can get.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Foizman

Hi Kristen,no way!! You can't fly the 744 with a 737 MCP. That would not be ok, shame on you (just joking)!;-)

Guest Foizman

so guys,1. I'v just received the answer from CSI concerning their 744 MCP: "Hi there, (...) Ours is not a plug-and-play unit. It's designed for wiring up to an EPIC system or some other keyboard interface."2. Dakenskys.com does not sell a plug-and-play MCP either.3. nor is the MCP from Flight Deck Solutions assembled...So, can we sum up this topic: which are the AVAILABLE MCPs which work with the PMDG 744 so far, is there an anwser?greets,Foizman

Other than the Aerosoft MCP there is no other plug and play 747 specific MCP available.The 737 MCP mentioned above is the only other one I know of that will work with 747. But you can use the panels from the vendors I mentioned earlier and use the interface from the 737. Takes a bit of electronics knowledge but it can be done.Gary