Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeInCT

747-400 2D Zoom Panel & Frame Rate

Guest JoeInCT

I "discovered" the Captain's 2D "Zoom" panel the other day and started using it for the first time. When I switch from the regular 2D captain's panel (with the back up instruments) to the "zoom" version, I notice my frame rate drops from 28FPS to as low as 9FPS. When I switch back to the regular 2D panel, it goes back to 28FPS. With the backup instruments removed, I would have thought the zoom panel would be faster, but this is not true in my case. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks in advance for your responses!JoeInCTP.S. I can give more detail if necessary on my system.

Guest JoeInCT

I just bought the 747 like, 3 weeks ago. I thought it had the most current stuff in the download. Will have to check on that.

Guest JoeInCT

>Joe,>>Did you install the update? I believe the update fixes the>frame rate issue.>>TomI purchased/downloaded the 744 on Dec 18 which means I should have the current version (1.1). How can I tell for sure what version I have? Would it hurt to apply the patch anyway?

Guest JoeInCT

I installed the 1.1 patch (even though I probably didn't need it) and am still having the problem (i.e. the frame rates drop from 28FPS to 8FPS when I swich from the normal 2D panel to the Zoom panel). Anyone else having this problem? Any advice?Thanks in advance for your reply...JoeInCT

Joe-the proper way to switch to the Zoom panel is to click once again on the Panel switcher button that corresponds to the side you are already (Captain's or F/O's).If you, instead, switch by using Shift- commands, then you're really hiding the normal 2d panel behind the Zoom panel, hence the problem of frame drop.Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

edit: SHOOT! the original post is a little older than I thought. disregard, I will open a new topic...Lefteris,I just purchased the 74X two days ago and I am experiencing the same problem.My fps drop from 20 to about 6 when I go to zoomed panel. It seems that the 'non zoom' panel still runs in the background which would explain the extreme drop. I am using the switcher button as you propose.However, if I click the three screens (PFD etc.) one by one to undock them (so they are pretty much the same size as they are in zoomed mode) I hardly get any fps drop. Almost the same picture as the zoomed panel, but hardly any loss in performance.I remember in FS9 you lost a couple of fps with the zoomed panel due to the larger displays, but if that would apply here it should be the same result when you undock the displays as described above.Thank you

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX