Sign in to follow this  
Ben Johnson

PMDG 747 Boxed Version Question

Rob & PMDG Team - I saw the announcement on the AVSIM Main page regarding the boxed release of the Queen. The last item listed states "- Printed manual". When I review the listed features on the Aerosoft site it states - "This unique product comes currently with an extensive electronic manual in the form of pdf files on harddisk after installation with detailed information about flying an airliner. "Is there a printed manual in the boxed version?Regards,Bob Lyddy

Guest AJ

If its like the 737 boxed version, there is a pretty nice printed manual, but it is still not the entire thing. Thus, the PDF manual is larger.Andrew

I bought the boxed ed from Aerosoft Canada 2 weeks ago and it does not have a printed/paper manual; it has numerous pdf files on the CD-ROM which constitute the entire operating manual. Aerosoft told me that they expect to have a paper manual in English for this beautiful a/c some time around the end of January which they will then ship to buyers. I hope this will turn out to be the case.Meantime, I have printed out parts of the pdf manual on a laser jet. Not the same as having a full paper manual, but it's the best one can do for now. The pdf manual is very extensive and covers a lot of ground although nothing substitutes for doing-and-learning (and posting on the forums!)Happy New Year.Jonathan

Guest AerosoftNA

>Aerosoft told me that they expect to have a paper>manual in English for this beautiful a/c some time around the>end of January which they will then ship to buyers. I hope>this will turn out to be the case.>Hi All,We noticed that the desire for the boxed version of the 747-400 was soo high that most of the customers didn't want to wait until the paper manual arrives. So we decided to ship without a paper manual. The paper manual will be send out to the customers of Aerosoft North America Ltd on request as soon as it is available. I expect this will be around mid January.with kind regards,Richard PlokhaarAerosoft North America Ltd.519 227 1379

Captains-To be clear- the "printed manual" is not our 300+ page manual in it's entirety. It is a digested manual that includes some key pieces of the entire manual set....For those who own the NG on CD- it's very similar....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Jock in a Frock

Richard,Can you confirm whether the boxed version still requires an internet connection for validation?Regards,Andy Scholes.

Guest AerosoftNA

No Internet connection required for installing the PMDG 747-400 "Queen of the Skies".Aerosoft normally does not do that with boxed products.The only thing I strongly recommend using with the 747-400 is the utility "Active Camera". It is not necessary to have, but will absolutely raise your experience with this magnificent airplane from PMDG!with regards,www.aerosoft.comAerosoft North America Ltd.Richard Plokhaar

Guest mcalluaud

I have received my boxed version from AEROSOFT Germany . It included 2 small manuals , in german ,one for the plane itself (59 pages )and one for the FMC (51 pages ). I prersume that the english version will be the translation of these 2 manuals ; we will still have to refer to the 350 + pages included on the CD as PDF .MichelCYSSY