Sign in to follow this  

Garry Smith restores B377 Stratocruiser !

Inspired by Boeing's as-new Stratoliner restoration, Garry Smith has gone one better and restored a B377 Stratocruiser to even finer condition. Starting with Mike Stone's peerless original aircraft, Garry has laboured tirelessly with his metal polish and spraygun, rivet by rivet, panel by panel, to reverse the ravages of time and will shortly present to us Boeing's (and Mike's!) greatest propliner as delivered to BOAC back in the fabulous 50's. Don't you just love it? Thanks Garry! Thanks Mike! (Sorry for poor quality picture, it just doesn't do the Queen of the Skies justice!)

Good picture! Especially since it clearly shows a couple of smoothing goofs in the engine cowlings. Those air scoops aren't supposed to be flat! :-) Gotta fix that. Mike Stone

Guest Heather 636

Dang it!! I'm going to hold you responsible for replacing my keyboard when the drool shorts it out!She's beautiful!Cheers!Heather

That's nothing. Wait until the rest of us see it in Heather's Air Charter livery. :-)Mike Stone

Guest Heather 636

Ooooo! There is that isn't there.Good morning Mike. Been having a thought, for the rare occasion when I do a repaint. I know that the one particular Vargas Message girl has somewhat become my trademark. But what if, for each HAC livery I do, the plane gets a different girl and a name, sort of like the bombers of WWII?Tastefull? Or going too far?Regards,Heather

I certainly don't have a problem with it.Mike Stone

Guest The Ancient Brit

I say, steady with those girls, it

Gary, I visted your site to download the texture updat but it was only about 80k.....the larger download wasn't available. Just a heads up.Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

The Stratocruiser looks great in the BOAC and Pan Am liveries. Does anyone know where to get a panel? Thanks, John

JohnI'm using the 377 panel and sounds from Dave McQueen site.www.flightsimmers.net/airport/airlinersjim