Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray51

possible CTD while using ASV6

Guest Ray51

I have had two CTD's while using ASV6. in both cases I was flying at cruise alt after 3 hours of flight. My route was TJSJ to KORD. When I get about 80 nm from the coast ASV6 updates and I CTD.ZFW= 464888TOW= 596488CRuise alt= just step climbed from FL380 to FL400Speed= 0.86 machI found in the ASV6 forum another pilot reporting the same kind of CTD. he reported by turning off auto-VAS the problem disappeared.Ray

Guest rysio

Thanks Ray,I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. I will give it a shot.Ryszard

Guest Ray51

turning off "auto-VAS" has not fixed the problem. I have confirmed that on my system ASV6 is causing CTD. I flew KMIA - KORD using ASV6 and got a CTD enroute durning a weather update. Flew the exact same route without ASV6 and no problem..floated the landing alittle though. I then flew the same route for a third time again using ASV6 and got another CTD enroute, again during a weather update.So far this I have only flown the 744. I will have to see if the 737 also has the problem...I expect it will though.Ray

I've been having this problem, too. Are you guys flying on VATSIM when this occurs? If I try to restart at the destination airport, I get a CTD right after logging on to VATSIM. I found that I had the VATSIM weather updating on as well as ASV6. I'm hoping this is what cause the problem. I've turned off weather updating in Squawkbox.The problem I am (was?) having is not confined to the PMDG 737NG. I also experienced it with the Level D 767. And when I tried restarting at the destination airport, I had it CTD with the default Cessna.Don S.