Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

747-400 Sound Crackle issue - need info

Guest nicam

1. Realtek AC972. didn't workI experienced this cracking sound only after I installed the updateI also have a very annoying loud grinding sound only occurs during descend, which only occured after the update as well.Michael Pereira

Guest FlyMD11.nl

HI there,I'm using a Realtek AC97 Audio device on my Motherboard (MSI P4N)Reducing the Sound Hardware Acceleration Level did not work unfortunately.I get the crackling when there is a high rate of pitch increase either the result of moving the yoke back or trimming the aircraft full pitch up. Reducing the pitch (lowering the nose) silences the crackling. It happens all the time when I do this. So at all speeds and at all pitch angles i.e. -10 degrees rapidly to +10 but also +10 rapidly to +20 or 0 rapidly to +5, bringing the nose back to any pitch lower than the pitch it had silences it. Slowly increasing pitch delays the crackling signifficantly but at high pitches and low speed it will still crackle.Hope it helps!Remco

Sure it's not the stick shaker sound you're hearing? This is a very loud and (in my ears) awful sound. I modified the sound file manually to decrease the volume for that particular sound.

Richard Åsberg

>Captains,>>Happy New Year to all!>>We need some info from anyone that is having the "crackling">issue with the sounds for the 747:>>1. Are you experiencing this, and if so, what sound card are>you using?>I seem to only get the crackling when applying takeoff power and during climb. I don't recall hearing it in external view.I'm using a SoundBlaster Audigy 2.Thanks,John

Ok guys thanks for the responses, we're looking at a few different angles for the cause and possible resolution. More info shortly...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest FlyMD11.nl

Could be, could be.Eventhough this sound blows my speakers away (it's that loud) and it doesn't sound like the real stickshaker sound I hear during flighttraining. I would discribe it as "crackling".Below is a post from the Beta team. Let's see what's up!Thanks!Remco

OK RemcoClearly enough there are a couple of sound issues, another one is that you will hear the sound from the packs even when the a/c is in a 'cold & dark' state and the batteries are 'OFF'.Also you can barely hear the sound from the engines when starting them up - this showed to be like IRL when you're in the cockpit but here you can alomst not hear them when in external view either and that for sure is not realistic.Looking forward to a fix for these different sound issues which will make this amazing a/c even better!!

Richard Åsberg

Guest FlyMD11.nl

I'm looking forward to the updates too!Thanks for thinking with me about the issue I have....Have fun flying!Remco

>I experience the sound crackling for a brief amount of time>after switching views, especially if I'm close to the aircraft>in spot view. I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS.same here. But i think its not a PMDG problem as it happens on my PSS Concorde too. To get rid of it i just hit Q twice. It appears to scramble some sounds when you change views. i also own the Creative Audigy 2 ZS

Guest jimbob2005

I have the Audigy 2 card and before the update had major cracking problems! After the update it went away except in spot view where it is still slightly more audiable than I feel happy with. I do feel th RR sounds better to use.Best of luck with the fix guys!!!James

Hi thereI am using an A-Open (cheap) AW840 sound card, which by memory has C-Media 8370 chip or something like that in it. Turning the acceleartion down hels, but doesn't stop the problem.The problem also happens using my onboard Realtek Audio soundcard (I'm not sure what type, it is inside an Acer Veriton 5600GT).I only hear these sound with PMDG, and, in iTunes sometimes, if I have the volume too loud with the pre-amp in iTunes, they sort of distort, and cause that crackling sound I hear with PMDG (definitely not speakers or amplifier related, I never have them loud at all!).Curious problem...

Guest nicam

>Sure it's not the stick shaker sound you're hearing? This is>a very loud and (in my ears) awful sound. I modified the sound>file manually to decrease the volume for that particular>sound.Yes I think your right it's the stick shaker, initially I thought it was the shaker, but thought ,nah its too loud. But I've found the sound file with that "grinding sound" so it was stick shaker after all!So this concludes that I'm not very good at flying!!btw I haven't had the crackling sound again.Michael

OK, great you found the problem Michael!There are however still a couple of sound isssues that I hope PMDG will find a fix/modification for...the packs making noice even though the a/c is 'cold & dark' and also you can hardly hear the engine startup sound even though you're in external view just next to the engine starting...not very realistic.

Richard Åsberg

Guest nicam

Yes I agree with the engine startup, can hardly hear it.not sure with the packs, I haven't done a C&D laterly, I have try that one.Michael