Sign in to follow this  

Is Project AI dead in the water

Is Project AI dead in the water? There has not been anything new on there site since they reopened. An example is the flight plans for Delta Airlines. They took that off there list since it had problems and promised to have it back in a week. That was over three weeks again. Can a site like this make it with no forward movement? The site wants donations but with lack of any type of advancement in the project who would anyone want to donate any money to a sinking ship. I would donate money if I saw that it was alive and well and not stalled for weeks and weeks. I hope the project makes it, but I am bored in waiting for new things to happen. I think waiting for more than a week for them to straighten out one airline, is unreasonable. For the project to make it they need to put out new things on a weekly bases. The reason I come back to AVSIM is that there is new things on it daily and you keep your reader updated. I see no updates on Project AI site unless I dig into the forum and there I find the same old promise that it will be done soon. I hope I am not to hard on the site or top critical on the site but it maybe a wake up call for them. I know some of you will jump on me for this posting but I want the project to make it and that is why I am posting this.David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot500 hours Real PIC2000 hours Sim PICSim Test Pilot

Guest gasebah

David,check their forum for news. They are working on a lot of stuff and some of it is in beta right now and will be available shortly.I think it is in our own bets interest that the stuff is thoroughly tested before it becomes available for downlaod.By the way: For those who cannot wait PAI has made some additional repaints made available. I cannot remember which wairline though.We really should be patient enough to give em time to their job properly. It oviously is a lot of work.Alex

I would hardly say we are dead in the water.Thing is,its very difficult to keep everyone happy.It takes time to create planes,repaints and test them and learn`t from the first release,we won`ty bow to any pressure.Put them out accurately 1 st time.We have quite a few airlines in the pipeline and now our upload system is online,our auditors are working now on getting your plans / paints approved and put up on the site,availible to everyone.There is a update of the airlines we have in Beta at the moment,our group is getting bigger and getting more members,if you see our member David Freed has recently arrived after putting up some great FDEs and we are getting experts like that aboard.Also,donations are for the bandwidth charges only,none of us will EVER see a penny of it.Sorry to sound bad,but its a million times more work that you`ll ever imagine it being.Takes alot of time and effort,but Stay tuned.Regards,Stephen-PAI scheduler / moderator.

Project AI Opened it's doors June 26th 2002. And the site has been greatly improved and we have around 15 new staff members and things are being implemented every day! Beta testing has been done for 3 Airlines and there has been repaints released also.They have numerous people doing numerous projects as we speak. For this site being open for less then a month, I would say, we have done allot.And there is also a good thing to note:* Project AI didn't last a week on the other Server, People could not get through most of the time and the server crashed.Project AI has not had problems of this nature with the new server it resides and people have full access speeds when downloading.MitchProject AIChief IT of Operations

A word of encouragement to Project AI: you're going great guys - just keep up the good work and thanks for everything!

Guest jkramer51

Just the other day I downloaded the new America West planes. So things are moving forward.John

Heard so many good things about PAI so I decided to download the installer and some airlines... So far it looks GREAT! A lot of planes at major airports, almost no FR-hit. Looking forward to more PAI add-ons!

Guest gasebah

I cannot like the tone of this thread anyway. It is really hard for me to understand why all those people think freeware authors owe them anything in the first place.Keep up the great work. Most of the people here love the work you are doing and the way you do it.Cheers,Alex

Hi DavidMake a big contribution and then maybe they will hurry this FREE product just for you!!!!!!Regards WayneI figured you needed at least one semi sarcastic reply!!!Ha Ha

hiI think project AI are doing a great job.I,m wondering where you get the data for the flight routes?.This must involve an incredible amount of time and effort.Before installing project ai, I used various repaints and created my own random flight plans for them using the excellent ai traffic.Only problem was that any more than 4 or 5 AI aircraft at airports turned fs2002 into slideshow.At heathrow I had around 8 aircraft on the ground and on final my FPS went down the pan.Now with project ai Heathrow has dozens of aircraft and my FPS has not dropped below 15, and these aircraft will fly routes that are based on real thing,not fictional as I had before.Only problem is smaller airports are not that busy ..YET.But as more and more aircraft are completed this issue will dissapear.All the best to all at Project AIJohn