Sign in to follow this  
mozart

Crackling sound screwed up my ATC sounds...

Thanks a lot to the PMDG team for having solved the issues with the Update 1.1 - it now works flawlessly!However, I also experied the crackling sound issue on my last PMDG 744 flight: VEEEEEEEEEEEEERY loud, and after that the ATC voices were broken. I could still hear them, but they sounded as if someone had cut the vocal chords of those guys.On my next flight - not with a PMDG plane - the ATC voices were replaced by a stuttering sound. The only way I could tell it was ATC was because I saw the text window. No more voices.What can I do to restore ATC voices as they should be? Are there any specific files that I can copy from another FS installation I have (which is "clean", i.e. it's a virgin FS without any add-ons)? Or do I need to re-install the entire FS? Please not again...ThanksChris

Dear Chris-there's absolutely no way that our sound set would replace / corrupt ATC voices. None whatsoever.Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

>Dear Chris->>there's absolutely no way that our sound set would replace />corrupt ATC voices. None whatsoever.>>Best regards,Lefteris,What you say seems absolutely plausible and logic to me - it's just the evidence that after a long and very very loud occurence of the crackling sound I had the trouble described with the ATC voices. All other sounds are OK.I understand that there's nothing I can do about the PMDG plane to fix this issue (other than prevent it to happen again by your fix described above) - but maybe someone could still be so kind to point out to me which files I have to copy from a "clean" FS installation (which I have running on another computer) to get my "old" voices back. I ran EditVoicepack, but that didn't solve it.ThanksChris

I had a similar problem after installing the update as you Chris.My problem ended up being my sound acceleration.For some reason it got set to no acceleration.Setting it back to full acc.solved my problem.1.Click Start2.Select Run3.Type dxdiag and hit OK4.Choose sound and check acc levelHope this helpsMichael

>I had a similar problem after installing the update as you>Chris.My problem ended up being my sound acceleration.For some>reason it got set to no acceleration.Setting it back to full>acc.solved my problem.>1.Click Start>2.Select Run>3.Type dxdiag and hit OK>4.Choose sound and check acc level>>Hope this helps>>>Michael>Michael,that exactly was the problem. I figured it out myself 10 mins ago. The reason why this happened "after an occurence of the crackling sound" as I had described: very simple, because it was right after that occurence that I applied the fix posted in another thread, which is to set the acc level to the lowest possible level. Well, and then I had the problem...A bit of logic helped me in finding that it wasn't the crackling sound that had produced a problem (along the lines of what Lefteris wrote above), but the fix to it that produced a "collateral damage".Thanks for your hint, and I hope this is useful to others reading this: don't descend your acc level too low.CheersChris