Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikehaska

Dash 8 Problems

I just downloaded a rather nice looking repaint of the default Dash 8 in Air Canada Jazz colours, but there's one problem with it - when viewed from the right side, the logo and writing are the wrong way round :-(http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d3824c96975ab07.jpgAlso, I've found a panel for the Dash 8, but I keep getting a "3rd party software may cause problems with FS2002" message for the gauge dc9.hsi2.gau... Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks,Dave.

Hi DaveI can't help you with the reversed text, but the 3. party software issue is probable because you need to put the file"Fssound.dll"into the "modules" folder in FS2002 and to add thislittle text into the bottom of your FS2002.cfg file.[OLDMODULES] //<< remember Square brackets!FSSOUND.DLL=1I was the solution for me when I had that problem.Fssound.dll is probably to find here or at "the other site"RegardsHenrikBGGH

Henrik,Thanks for the advice. Only problem is that it didn't work :-(. I still keep getting the error :-(. I've got fssound.dll in the modules folder, and added the [old modules]fssound.dll=1 lines to fs2002.cfg, but still no luck :-(.Any more ideas...?Dave.

Guest mikehaska

As for the textures, all FS2002 default aircraft use "mirrored textures" This means that one texture file is applied to both sides of the aircraft. Usually, there's no problem. But when text is used, on one side it will appear flipped. This is a limitation of the default aircraft, and cannot be fixed.Sorry :-)

Mike,Thanks for that - I suspected it was a Microsoft shortcut ;-). Curse them!!!Dave.

Guest mikehaska

Darned M$ penny pinchers- cutting every corner :-lol