Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW1085

In flight diversions and FMC use (744)

Guest BAW1085

ok so I ws experimenting with setting up diversions after severe malfunctions. I had a torrid time wrestling with the FMC in order to insert another destination.Could not remove the original Depart/Arrive data. and replace it with an alternative.No problem with a DCT to command, but I couldn't set up ILS freqs or RW data. Tried route 2 but no joy there. Can someone give me the definative procedure for setting a diversion up on the FMC.David Miles

Guest D17S

This was a good excuse to mess around with diversions. I got it to work, but it was a bit of button pushing. I assume you have a STAR arrival with at least an IP to intercept the LOC for your destination runway. That last IP way point seems to be a key player. To initiate my diversion, I went into Route page 1 and LSK in

Guest Senior Captain

Hi David please do not damage any of our airframes. :-)

Guest BAW1085

Thanks D17SSeems somewhat,adhoc, wondering if any of the PMDG team have an ideas ?Andrew....I promise to take good care of whats left of my 744 ! Diverted into Schip last night with a fire on 1 and severe vibration on 2 (Uncontained Turbine failure..very nasty)....just for fun you understand.DM

Guest D17S

Sure do agree. There should be a 'divert now' function with an alternate already loaded. I see flight plans all the time and they always include an alternate, with (as applicable) a transition / star / transition / approach /runway. Bet the MD11 has that function . . but I'm bias. Need some help from a pro. Help. Help!