Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Saving 744 flights - Is this "normal" (more or less?)

I am still hand flying the Queen and have yet to do a full FMC flightplan flight. But it's coming along well and I have started saving flights using the standard MSFS save flight procedure. Flights are saved effortlessly, but when I click to open a saved flight that had an MCP fully set with CMD on and FMC set (e.g. perf init, approach, etc.) I find that although the autopilot re-connects normally after 1-2 secs, usually the SPD on the MCP remains disconnected whereas it was saved with SPD clicked on, and also the HDG might be disconnected too. I also find that a previously hand inserted ILS into the FMC NavRad page is incorrect and the correct freq and front CRS need to be quickly re-entered into the FMC. Other than that, all is saved fine. But I wanted to post and ask, is my experience fairly typical with a saved flight for this bird ?I just did three flawless autolands into WMKK in MAS colors. Fantastic stuff, right on the money, wow! Just like being there.Jonathan

Jonathan,I have experienced the issue with the speed disconnect on every saved flight. I haven't seen the heading disconnect, but there again I'm using the FMC to fly the route that I've saved. I remember reading elsewhere that you need to re-enter ILS info as well.You will also notice that then landing gear lever will show as "Gear down" on reload. Another thing I see which I have never noticed anyone else mention is my flights always return with the panel missing and I have to click SHIFT + 1 to bring it back.All that said these are quite simple things to cope with especially compared to some other add-ons where all of the FMC information disappears.Ah...WMKK with MAS a journey I have taken myself a few times.

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Haven't invested much time in the 747 yet but when it comes to this 'saving the current state' I understood that you can save both via FS or in the PMDG menu and vice versa for loading your saved flights - what is the correct way doing this - should you both save/load via FS or via the PMDG menu?

Richard Åsberg

I save the PMDG Queen (and also the LDS 767-300) using the regular MSFS save flight procedure. I've yet to save a panel state.Jonathan

Hey Mervyn:Thanks for your post.Yeah, I've flown WMKK with MAS in real life quite a lot mesself. When my wife was a chief stew with MAS, I used to ride jump seat in the 744 as well as the Airbus A300--ah, the good ol' days !Jonathan