Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robin.B

Trim setting

Guest Robin.B

Dear Captains,I have never been able to get a Trim result from the FMC higher than 6.0 no matter what load I use. In the ITVV Virgin 744 video they use a takeoff trim of almost 8! Is this a mistake of the aircraft or am I doing something wrong?

Robin-We do not allow as broad a dynamic range for the CG in this airplane as you'd have in the real world.The trim setting you are getting is correct for your loadout. Maybe in some future update we'll start integrating a fully range capable load model with multiple weight stations. Our experience during testing was that MSFS doesn't really respond accurately to such things.I've done the Load Master thing in my career...so I know a few things about weight and balance...and unfortunately it just doesn't work realistically in MSFS.I have some ideas, however- I just lack the time to tinker. :-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Robin.B

I KNEW it was FS's fault :-lolThanks for the info Mr. Robert.

Hi Robin, This is the exact same question I had for some time. The trim was 7.6 units in the video. Thanks for posting this question. But as Robert Randazzo said, the trim settings we are getting for our loads are correct. Thanks Robert for explaining. Now I know.Ken.