Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagletail

Views with Walk and Follow

Guest Eagletail

Can someone please tell me how to use IGFLY's Walk and Follow in plain English?! Their manual just doesn't make sense. I know that I should be able to save views for individual aircraft, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. Anyone??? PS: Forgive me if this has been asked earlier.

>Can someone please tell me how to use IGFLY's Walk and Follow>in plain English?! Their manual just doesn't make sense. I>know that I should be able to save views for individual>aircraft, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do>this. Anyone??? >>PS: Forgive me if this has been asked earlier.Wrong forum, but I will give you the absolute basic to create a wingview (assuming that's what you are doing) for the 747.Go into the "follow" mode (I think the key is "*" or "/" but check the online help). Position yourself in the plane looking out the window the way you want your wingview to look. Once you are positioned the way you want it, push Control-1 for example. This will store that view on numeric keyboard 1 key. Do the same for the other side of the aircraft, etc by using # 2, 3, 4 etc...Now to access those views again, go into the "follow" mode and push SHIFT-1, etc... You can assign what key commands you want to be the save and restore keys.Now, you must save the key assignments to a file so that next time you load the 747, or whatever aircraft, you will have your saved views accessible. To do this, go to the DBS dropdown menu, and find the option to save your views (can't remember the name as I'm not in front of it at the moment).What I do now is after loading the 747, I go to the DBS menu, load the saved template (or whatever it's called), and then hit shift-1, 2, 3, 4, etc... to get my wing views.Sorry if this is confusing as I'm not sitting in front of my FS computer.- John