Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmanaon

Starting the B737 Engines

Guest tmanaon

I need help here guys. I purchased both the PMDG 747 and 737 at the same time last year but i have flown the 747 exclusively since i got the two airplanes. I finally got a little tired of flying the Queen and two days ago, i decided to get into the 737. I cannot for the life of me start the thing. I have read the manual (Normal procedures) and cannot find anything on starting the airplane in any other parts of the manual. I cannot figure it out. I have started the APU and opened the engine bleed valve and all the pumps (Fuel and Hydraulic). The engine starts but fades away - will not kick into full start.What am i doing wrong? Is there any literature on starting the PMDG 737 out there? Can someone PLEEASE post a "starting the PMDG 737 for Idiots" write-up that i can follow.This is extremely frustrating. I did not have this hard a time figuring out the start for the 747.Anthony

Anthony,After starting the APU you have to wait for the APU generator light to illuminate. Then switch on both APU generators. Switch on the APU bleed, not the engine bleeds. When starting the engines make sure the fuel pump switches are on and the Pack switches are off. Start the first engine and then watch N2 on main panel. When N2 = 20% move the fuel cut off switch for that engine to on. This is on the throttle quadrant. Then repeat for the other engine. Switch on the engine generators. Turn off the APU and APU bleed. Turn on the engine bleeds. Should be running now.

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Anthony,Forgot to add if you search the AVSIM file libraries for "PMDG 737 tutorial" you will find some helpful stuff there.

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest tmanaon

Thanks Mervyn,I'll give this a shot. I did not use the throtle quadrant so i must have missed a step.Anthony

Guest tmanaon

By the way, i noticed that the fuel cut off moves right or left. Which way is ON?

>By the way, i noticed that the fuel cut off moves right or>left. Which way is ON?The fuel cut-offs move up and down. They are the two levers below the throttle handles on the throttle pedestal.Peter

Peter Schluter