Sign in to follow this  
Guest captainalex

I need help with PMDG 747-400

Guest captainalex

Hi allI bought 747-400 , it is great but i have a problem, when i lunch FS and select fly now the PFD and NV and EICAS appear only for ten seconds and then go for good , how can solve this problem?Alex

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/support/744faq.htm B.9) I INSTALLED AND VALIDATED BUT THE SCREENS GO BLANK WHEN I RUN THE SIMUninstall and reinstall please. This should cure the problem. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Hi AlexYou have not given a lot of detail for getting help on this so we need to start at the beginning. Assuming that nothing went wrong with the install of the plane then it must be with your set up. Try this first even though it may sound daft. 1. Start your flight sim with a basic cessna 182 and make sure that the engine is running and the avionios swith is also on.(and the mixture knob pushed in)2. Then save this cessna situation as your default flight. (tick the box to make this the default flight) Then exit flight sim altogether and re start it. (checking that it started with the cessna and engines running and avionics on) 3.Change planes to the pmdg 747 and see if the instruments go blank now.If they are ok now then you can start up every time with a default cessna then change planes till you get a bit more experience with the plane and then maybe some more tutorials will be available.If they are still blank after doing all this, then you need to give us more information ..like do the engines stop when the instruments go blank, and maybe a screen shot of your overhead panel so we can see what is on and what is off. Also have a good look around the PMDG drop down menu for the plane fo any obvious panel start up scenarios. Hope this helps as this is a great plane and you need to learn it slowly.ps anyone else feel free to chip in to make my explaination easier to understand.regardsJohn CallejaBAW 352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest captainalex

Thanks When i run the simulator and select the 744 everything is running and every thing is OK 100% but after about 20 seconds the PFD and ND and EICAS disappear but still everything is OK i can fly, i can run the FMC and i can do anything i want but without those three screens.Alex

Hi again alex.With this new information you have supplied, I think maybe the best approach from a simplicity point of view is to:1. Simply try what i suggested and that eliminates all start up problems you may experience.2. Try Randy's solution3. Drop an e-mail to PMDG's support with your situation if none of the above work, and no other help is forthcoming on here.sorry can't help more.regardsJohn CallejaBAW352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg