Sign in to follow this  
DLP084

TCAS2v7.dll causes Crash

Hi, when I have the TCAS active the flightsim crashes every time when established on the ILS of an airport. Best RegardsJan-Paul Schuchna

Guest morvious

The solution is pinned on the top of this forum!!CTD: MISSING TCAS DLLs:========================We have had reported to us and been able to verify that there are a number of commercial and freeware addons also using I. Lee Hetherington's magnificent TCAS addon.Unfortunately, it appears that some of the freeware and commercial vendors have not established their installer properties carefully- and if you uninstall their airplane, they also delete the TCAS dlls.This renders any other aircraft using the TCAS dll inoperative- and results in a CTD.RESOLUTION FOR MISSING TCAS DLL CTD:-> Go to your root FS9 directory.-> Look for the file: TCAS2V7.dll-> If the file is missing, skip to the last last line.-> If the file is present, right click on it, select PROPERTIES/VERSION. The version should be 1.1.6.0-> If you have the file present AND it is the correct version- this is not affecting you. If it is not present, OR the version is older than 1.1.6.0, then:-> The simplest way to replace the dll is to open your original 747-400 installer (not the updater) and run the installer. Select "repair" from the menu that appears - and it should find and replace that missing dll. Once the installer has completed it's task- repeat the steps in this sequence to ensure you have the correct dll present.Or read the whole topic herehttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=97953&page=Cheers,---------------Stefan van Hierden>|

Hi, i don't have a CTD(Crash to Desktop with no error report) , I have a blackscreen and then the error report with the tcas2v7.dll The Version is 1.1.6.0 If I fly the 737 without TCAS enabled everthing is fine. Best Regards Jan-Paul

Guest morvious

The black screen ends with a CTD..A CTD means that you are unable to continue FS after the error report.Cheers,---------------Stefan van Hierden>|

Guest afluhart

I'm having the same problem. File's in the proper place with the correct version. Getting a CTD on approach in the 737NG-700.

Its not Ultimate terrain for me. I don't have that addon ..and I still get it... sometimes.. not all the time. If I had saved the state..then I am able to go back and redo the approach I am able to without a problem.It is a TCAS***.dll that is displayed on the popup window under details.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi, it seems to be that the problem is solved. The troublemaker was the LEVEL-D 767. After deinstalling it no problems with the TCAS anymore.