Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

Two CTDs with PMDG 747-400 -- first time ever for me

I was flying KSEAKSFO at FL350 using Radar Contact 4, Ultimate Traffic, FSUIPC 3.53, AdvDisp 4.14 and FSGenesis scenery. The copilot had the comm. We were in a normal descent mode, approaching FL140 about 50 miles north of KSFO. Both times, immediately after the copilot asked to leave frequency for weather, I had a CTD (black screen with AdvDisp box showing). The module identified in the error report was atc.dll. Radar Contact 4 continued to run.This is a first for me on any aircraft.I have all the files listed in the forum CTD information, and downloaded and reinstalled the universal update today (1/7/2006).Any suggestions? Do you need any more info -- I will be glad to help as much as I can.Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Working with the Radar Contact 4 forum (thanks, jd and michael!), I think I have determined that this CTD is caused by a "winter" scenery problem near the PYE vor north of KSFO. I have now successfully flown the KSEAKSFO route in the PMDG 747 and LDS 767 using "summer" scenery (setting the FS9 date to "summer").Interesting that I did not get a single reply to this post on the PMDG forum. Kind of unusual.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest jgreth123

Well, technically this isn't their problem.But you did post the message on a Saturday... maybe some of them actually leave the house on the weekends?