Sign in to follow this  
Guest shugmcgregor

FMC 747

Guest shugmcgregor

Can somebody please explain how to load the supplied PMDG flight plans into the FMC. Do I need to extract these files to another folder in the Flight Sim directorys, or do I need to invest in FSBuild. Starting to pull my hair out, any guidance will be gratefully appreciated.ThanksShug.

Guest neilb

Assuming you installed them during the installation process (i.e you checked the box), then you'll find them in PMDGFLIGHTPLANS under your FS9 folder.To use them, enter in the name for the flightplan in the CO ROUTE field of the INIT screen of the FMC. The PMDG flightplans are saved using the IATA codes. So for example, if you wanted to load up the LAX -> JFK flightplan you'd enter LAXJFK001 into the CO ROUTE field.Hope this helps.

Guest shugmcgregor

Thanks Neil,Have tried the coroute option but error message "not in database" appears in the FMC. When I downloaded 747 from PMDG no option to install Flight Plans was given. I can see a flight plan folder in FS target directory with the .rte file extension, but still can't load flight plans. Any other suggestions.Best WishesShug

Should that not be KLAXKJFK001? I know that the 737 needs the full ICAO to find the route...can't remember if the Queen does though.At work right now so can't boot it up to check...

Guest neilb

No. Just doublechecked, and you would do LAXJFK001 for the PMDG supplied FP's. If you export one from say FSBuild then it would be KLAXKJFK.Although upon looking at the FLIGHTPLANS directory I have there are a couple of ICAO style ones.

Guest neilb

You should see a good 300+ files in the PMDGFLIGHTPLANS directory.Perhaps a reinstall, because there is an option to install the flightplans within that.

Guest Canadian_Pilot

Guest shugmcgregor

Dear AllThanks for all the advice. I have tried all suggestions but still no luck. Is anyone aware of a "complete idiots guide" to programming flight plans manually into the FMC?Best WishesShug

I'll ask the same thing I asked in the other post. Did you actually install the flightplans? When you install the plane, it gives you the option of doing the regular install, or another choice. Something like custom install.Pick the other one. Then you will see three (I think) checkboxes. One of them will be flightplans. You have to pick that, to install them. They will then be in the /FS9/PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS folder. Then you should be able to use them.

Guest shugmcgregor

Mike,Thanks for the prompt reply. I have definitely installed PMDG flight plans. I can view these in the FS target directory. They have a .rte file extension. Have also re-installed, just to double check. Best WishesShug McGregor

That's strange. I'm not sure what the problem is.Two things, One, how are you entering the files into the coroute line? Two, can you give me the names of some routes you've tried so I can see if they work on my computer.I've tried a few, and they have all worked for me.

Guest shugmcgregor

Think I've tried every permutation under the sun. Here are just a few. KJFKKEGLL001 KJFKKEGLL01 KJFKEGLL JFKEGLL KLAXKJFK001 KLAXKJFK01 LAXJFKLet me know if you have any luck.ThanksShug McGregor

Ok, I see the problem. Well, at least with what you posted. Technically, none of those are in the directory. The KJFK-EGLL flight, I'm not seeing in the directory at all. Doesn't matter how you put it in, it won't work because there isn't a route for it.Now the KLAX-KFJK route is in there, but not in how you posted. It's in there as LAXJFK001. Try that, and get back to me, it should work. Now you might still get rwy errors, but just skip over those using the clear key. The plan will still work.I'm guessing this is what was wrong with the guy in the other post. Those erros don't matter. Strange that they are there yes, but the plans still work.

Guest shugmcgregor

Sorry Mike,It's still coming up with "not in database". I'm assuming I enter LAXJFK001 into the coroute? I have opened up my FP dir and I do have a KJFKEGLL001 .rte in there, but not all routes have the prefix K. I am going to try out some more, and see how I get on.Thanks for all the help so far.Best WishesShug Mcgregor