Sign in to follow this  
Guest hlm65

747-400 and Radar Contact v4

Guest hlm65

Hi all Captains,I'm flying with no problem the latest update of the QOS (no CTD, no performance issues, lucky ?), and I've noticed some weird behaviour with the Autopilot ONLY when using the QOS with Radar Contact V4 (an amazing add-on, IMHO). Tried several times, with same wx/loading settings, and I came up with the following issues:- when using just the QOS (and ASV and other add-on that are NOT using the ADV display), the plane flies very well, the autopilot works as per the manuals, attitude and speed very stable/realistic in any pitch/roll mode of the AFDS- when using Radar Contact (which uses ADV display), while generally the plane still flies beautifully, expecially during climb, the autopilot is prone to send the attitude at very high values (with VNAV or V/S or FLCH modes engaged), expecially at altitudes below about 25000 ft, leading to speed decay and to stall if not checked with manual inputs.Anyone noticed these same issues ?Many thanks for any idea.

Guest hlm65

Bumo...no one has this small problem ?

Hi Enrico,I'm using RC4 on almost every flight and I don't see this issue at all. Check your FSUIPC version (make sure it's the latest) and try deleting your FSUIPC.ini and letting a new one get built.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest hlm65

Thanks, this sounds like a good solution (deleting the .ini file, I always try to get the latest FSUIPC, even if 3.51 seemed to have some problems with RC4, now I0m using 3.53).Regards

Guest D17S

Sure it's not the other way around? In cruise, if speed decreases the AFS will respond by increasing pitch to maintain altitude (at the now slower airspeed). There have been some instances here lately where the cruise/climb EICAS limit thrust was not enough to maintain airspeed in cruise . . . and a very high AOA (pitch) was occuring. What's thrust doing during these events? What's your EICAS thrust limit and where's thrust? IF you need more juice, go into the FMC's thrust page and turn the limit up a notch.

Let us know go you go with regenerating the fsuipc.ini and see what happens. I've forwarded your original post to the RC beta team as well, incase they come up with anything new.But like Sam said below, it sounds like a loss of airspeed causing a high AoA on climb. Are you flying in hot conditions? Also if you're using FLCH, your pitch should be managed automatically, regardless of your [low] airspeed?Are you saying that with RC running, setting V/S pitch mode (say +1000ft/min) does not climb the aircraft at 1000ft/min?I too like others on the RC Beta Team have been using RC and PMDG's 744 since it came out, with no problems at all.Subs

For the 737NGs which are similar:RC if you are trying to have it control the AP (copilot function) will not work since it is not FS standard and you should not have that option enabled. It might conflict with the FMC if there is any coupling.The coupling to the A/P is the FMC and you operating the MCP interpreting the ATC instructions and choosing the correct flight modes using the MCP. Using RC or not should have no effect.I am using RC4, AS6, with FSUIPC 3.53 without any problems.

>whitout ever experiencing any>conflict between these 2 products.How could there ever be a conflict between one program which is ATC and another which is an aircraft? Unless RC4 gives you some sort of virtual pilot that does flying for you. Does Rc4 have this capability?Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest pellelil

Yes RC4 has a "virtual Pilot" ("Otto") who is able to fly a plane, and it accomplish this my using the default autopilot. However the Default MSFS autopilot is far to simple for RC4 to be able to control the plane. The same goes for all other tools that are cable of "controlling a plane" through the use of the default MSFS Autopilot (e.g. FSNavigater can also feed the Defalt autopilot, however this won't work with PMDG's planes).http://jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

A question I had (that I should probably ask at the RC forum) was this: I know you can't use the co-pilot on the PMDG for the reasons you have stated, but can he/she control the radios and comms still?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Yes, RC's Otto knows how to operate the radios & comms on the PMDG 747-400.Subs

Guest wisborg

>Yes, RC's Otto knows how to operate the radios & comms on the>PMDG 747-400.>>SubsWhich is a very nice thing during takeoff and while on final :-)/ Jesper