Sign in to follow this  

Developers - please upload to Avsim

Will developers please upload to Avsim as well as, and preferable instead of, to Flightsim.comI have just spent 30 minutes trying to login to Flightsim - and given up - and just 5 seconds logging into Avsim.I assume that developers want to display their work to the flight sim community but if it is impossible to get to their work reasonably easily then enthusiasts are going to give up trying and their great efforts will be wasted.Nels Anderson will have us believe that there are all sorts of reasons why he has to restrict the number of nodes available for login. Avsim doesn't have any such restriction - in fact they have consistently improved the quality of their servers to ensure easy access for all - so in my view he ought to consider this and reflect on why Avsim's site is so easily accessible and his isn't. If he does not have sufficient financial resources to allow easy access he should say so. I am of the view that anything else is an excuse.Apart from all of this Avsim is THE best site for news and forums. With the help of developers it can also be THE place to come for downloads.So, come on all you developers. How about it?David

You're preaching to the choir.You need to post this message elsewhere -- wherever developers are posting that are *not* posting here.

Yep, Avsim is the only place I post.Mike Stone

I post only where Mike Stone Posts :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxx

I wasn't so much looking for an explanation as hoping for some action :-)David

I agree with you, James.I particularly disliked David's suggestion that developers NOT upload to flightsim.com.I use both sites. I have, at one time or another -- mainly back when I was a download-a-holic, contribued money to both sites because I believe in helping to pay for the resources I'm making use of.I see no reason why someone would even ask developers to refrain from posting their work at either site!--Tony