Sign in to follow this  
Guest adesmith

Creating SID/STAR procedures

Guest adesmith

I have the entire UK AIRAC data to hand and so I plan to create SID and STAR details for all UK airports (and likely Irish as well).HOWEVER, I need to know how to make a particular position in a SID/STAR a "FLYOVER" as opposed to a "FLYBY" waypoint.I think I can see the basic construction of the procedures from those I already have, but need this sdditional bit of info to make them all work properly.The finished work will, of course, be released for general useage and (hopefully) updated monthly as required.Adrian Smith

Adrian,The above mentioned document will supply you with all needed info to get started with procedure creation. I also recommend that you take look over at Navdata to check which airports that already have been written in the UK. I know Simon Butler has done a lot of high quality procedures for the UK among others which he also updates on a regular basis. For further background and info also take a look at the forum at Navdata and Terry Yingling's "Terminal Procedures Forum" here at Avsim.Good luck with the writing:-)

Can I just strengthen Per's post re Simon Butler's SIDs/STARs.Before embarking on doing the whole UK SID/STARs Adrian I would check the ones available in the 'all-in-one' file on Richard's site, you may find that you only need do the minor airports.Dave

Guest adesmith

I had never spotted the "all in one" link on navdata SID/STAR before (DOH!)Have downloaded that and also the PDF file referenced above which looks very useful.Shall spend a few days poreing over both and see if anyhting needs updated to AIRAC from 19/Jan.Adrian Smith(Blackpool UK)(RW ATCO and Flying Instructor)

Hello AdrianIf theres a problem with a particular sidstar file of mine, please contact me.I have already covered EGBB, EGCC, EGGD, EGGP, EGGW, EGHH, EGKK, EGLL, EGNH, EGNM, EGNT, EGNX, EGPD, EGPF, EGPK, EGSS all are available for individual download or included in the all in one file from Navdata.I have been updating these files regularly with each Airac over the past couple of years, I have not missed many!An old dated file doesnt mean its out of date just that its had no significant change that would impact on the file.Any updates for the next airac will be uploaded as usual, although for the UK it looks like being a quiet month for changes, at a quick glance the only item which may have an impact is the BIG VOR being re-calibrated.Simon Butler

Guest adesmith

Hi Simon,I've got the all in one file now, if I spot anything I will let you know.I did start to have a look through the SID/STARs using notepad but without line breaks it wasn't easy reading.Will just rely on what it looks like on the NAV display correlated to the charts.Thanks everyone for the inputAdrian SMith.