Sign in to follow this  

Ariane???

Am I correct in thinking Ariane is/was a PT company?If 'was', has someone else taken over?

Ariane was, indeed, a PT creation. I think they're, finally, out of business. No one in their right mind would get involved taking over anything to do with The Evil One. If Ariane shows up alive again be very, very wary - especially with your credit card.Trip

Guest Toni Rauch

Ariane was very much part of the now defunct Corporate Worldwide Limited (trading 'style' World Air Simulations), and run by Peter Tishma.Just before the company was put into receivership, Tishma 'moved' Ariane out of the corporate equation, claiming it was nothing to do with his company (total lies - there is a mountain of evidence to prove Ariane and Corporate Worldwide were one and the same).Ariane is still run by Peter Tishma, but he'll never publicly admit to this as he knows that 'his reputation preceeds him...'There's nothing particularly new or innovative in the products either - you can readily get the same or better as freeware."....BUY IN HASTE - REGRET AT LEISURE...."

I just saw the stuff at the "other" site. I can't understand why Nels is supporting Ariane. Methinks I'll be visiting FS.com a lot less from now on.Trip

Guest UweR

Hi, I respectfully disagree on the quality part and can

Guest SoarPics

When I saw the press release earlier today at Flightsim.com my first thought was that some of the talented folks who were responsible for Ariane's past products had taken over operations (after PT was forced into receivership this spring). But then it occurred to me what a bad business decision it would be for them to continue to use that name. Who would want to be associated with him in any way on a business level? I don't fly the heavies, so I merely perused the press release looking for some tie to PT.Given his well documented trail of unhappy customers (and I'm sure many happy ones), I would be cautious of this latest offering until more is learned about who exactly is involved.Just my 2 cents worth,

Guest Toni Rauch

...maybe Nels doesn't realise who he's really dealing with and who's behind Ariane?Maybe Nels should ask the 'people' at Ariane for their name(s)....

Guys, thanks for the response.Uwe, your response surprised me given the other replies. BTW that remark should be taken on face value with nothing else implied.I see you all realised why I posed the question ;-)It was after I posted that I remembered a long thread on PT with contributions by George Abrahams and found the thread, sure enough there was the name of Ariane, with details.I did a search at Companies House for woodlandworld but only came up with addreses, no company director names.Despite Uwe's favourable comments I will not be replacing my DF 737 :-)

I will agree with Uwe the Ariane 737 is still by far the best 737-300 on the market (aircraft model) and I still fly her almost every day in conjunction with my DF 737 panel and sounds and I will continue to do so. I do not agree with Mr. Tishma's business practices I do believe that the 737-300 was produced by some very good designers who were conned into Mr. Tishma's business tactics. John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Guest Toni Rauch

Hi JohnIf you believe that the 737 was made by good designers who were 'conned' by Tishma into doing business with him, then surely all the more reason to avoid further Ariane purchases and warn 'newbies' of the facts......

Ariane is VERY much Peter Tishma although others may be involved as well. On a product published by World Air Simulation called "Piper N54 IFR, in the manual, one copyright line reads "World Air Simulation/Ariane Studios/CW2 2000/2001. Another reads that the "software and manual are property of Ariane Studios". Until just a few days ago the Fax number on Ariane's web site was the same one used by Tishma for many years as papa Tango/World Air Sim.In addition to the above, the Pilot who originally flew the flight never signed off on his participation and therefore his voice on the recordings and picture on the box were never authorized to be published. Furthermore, the adventure programmer was never paid by World Air Sim or Arianne Studios for the work and never had any contract with World Air Sim/Arianne Studios/CW2 for the work to be published.There will be much more to say about Peter Tishma and his companies very soon at the following site:http://home.earthlink.net/~ralphaz1/Best regards,Ralph Zimmerman

Guest Toni Rauch

RalphWhat you're claiming about Tishma and Ariane is of course totally correct and as I said earlier in this thread, the mountain of evidence to prove that Tishma and Ariane are now, and always were, one and the same is completely overwhelming.What upsets me most is that, having screwed up his companies to the point where they went bust completely due to his mis-management of them, he still has the arrogance and audacity to blame everyone else for what are clearly his own failings and even worse, is still hellbent on hiding behind fictitious personas and lying to everyone in the pathetic hope that people will not find him out and expose him.It is clear that by his current actions, he shows no remorse for the immense hurt he caused to so many innocent and talented people and is too much of a cowardly liar to 'come out' and explain himself..........or maybe he's just too ashamed....

Ralph,Thanks for that definitive answer, along with the others 'newbies' should be in no doubt about what the more experienced simmers think about this groups' busines practices.BTW I was over at the 'other' site yesterday and could find no reference to the press release posted about 2 weeks ago, pleased about that.

Unfortunately it's still there. But in a less visible spot. There is still a link to it on the righthand side of the page in the weekly listings. Too bad Nels doesn't share our viewpoint. But, as someone pointed out, it's his website (doesn't make it right though).Trip

Guest Toni Rauch

TripI don't think it's entirely fair to suggest that '...Nels doesn't share our viewpoint...'I'd rather give Nels the benefit of the doubt and suggest that he probably doesn't know exactly who is behind Ariane Studios; after all, he certainly isn't the first to be totally duped by Tishma and his many personas and I'm sure he won't be the last.Or maybe Nel's got a commercial reason for supporting Ariane on his site....It doesn't really matter as long as there are some who care enough to warn the public, or at least keep them informed of the truth. Then it's up to the individual to decide for him/herself whether or not they're relaxed about being tricked.