Sign in to follow this  
Guest yoyomike

FMC: RTE 2 ORIGIN AIRPORT CHANGE

Guest yoyomike

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you have any problems changing the Origin airport field in route 2 when inflight? I can't seem to do it. thanks,Mike BuenaventuraRPLL

I'm not sure that you can do it - why would you want to? THe departure airport is going to remain the same.RegardsRussell Jourdain (ANZ007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest yoyomike

Hi Russell, Well, two things: first, to totally clear a route out of the FMC, you can either delete all the waypoints manually, or you can simply change the ORIGIN/DEP airport on the route - deleting all legs automatically. I practice having a Takeoff alternate on departure just in case of anything. The time I would actually attempt to change the origin airport in RTE2 is just prior to descent when I want to program the alternate route into the RTE2 page.cheers,Mike Buenaventura, RPLL