Sign in to follow this  
Guest krullenbol

Small problem with loading 744 (cosmetic+slow)

Guest rellehenk

Hi,I have some issues with loading the PMDG 744. It loads correctly, but when I load the aircraft in full screen mode, there are some black boxes on my screen and loading goes rather slow. I do not have this problem when I press ALT+ENTER first and load in Non-full screen mode.My videocard is a Nvidia Geforce 6600 and I am using the latest video drivers. I did not have this problem with the PMDG 737. It happened first after installing the 744 (new method of loading navdata...).I provided a screenshot so you can see how it looks like.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/138757.jpgBest regards,Floris Hartog

Guest petermcleland

I think that is a known but forgotten issue. I only fly "Full Screen Mode" and I have always seen this black thingy on the PMDG 747 load. It has always been there (before and after update) and I'm sure I saw it reported and noted, but it is just cosmetic and I think it just got left to one side to allow more important things to be fixed.I use Nvidia and have updated the drivers a few times since the PMDG 747 was released and no driver change has made any difference to the black thingy. I normally load from a Saved flight but it is just the same. I just ignore it :)

This is an Nvidia driver issue... started happening back when the 70 series came out. Purely cosmetic - if you open up the fuel menu or something and then cancel out after loading the plane, it'll be gone...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest petermcleland

>This is an Nvidia driver issue... started happening back when>the 70 series came out. Purely cosmetic - if you open up the>fuel menu or something and then cancel out after loading the>plane, it'll be gone...I don't need to do anything...It goes of its own accord as the load completes. Only happens when loading the PMDG 747 and never ever seen with any other aircraft. It occurs as the PMDG data loading notices are posted and is associated with them.

I guess my question is, do we really need this popup to tell us the AIRAC load status? If this is gone, perhaps the 744 will load faster.Not a big deal, but...PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest petermcleland

>I guess my question is, do we really need this popup to tell>us the AIRAC load status? >>If this is gone, perhaps the 744 will load faster.>I imagine that it might have been useful for testing purposes, but it may be just a slight nuisance now?

Guest neilb

I imagine you'll get a lot of "PMDG JUST CRASHED MY SIM GRRRR" style posts though whilst it loads the AIRAC though.

If I remember correctly, PMDG developers changed the way of loading the AIRAC, to solve a CTD in the "old" 737. Since then it