Sign in to follow this  
Guest Asarna

Nav/Rad

Guest Asarna

I'm having a problem manually setting a nav frequency on the NAV/RAD page of the FMC. Example: I'm trying to fly into ORD on 27R and set the ILS Frequency to 110.50, but i would get a message saying it was INVALID. I would be able to set the ORD nav frequency to 113.90, but not the ILS. Any ideas of what im doing wrong?thanks,Alexei

110.50/271 is what you need to type in for the ILS to work in the RAD NAV page. You need to enter both the frequency and the runway heading.

Guest Asarna

For some reason, even this still gives me the "INVALID ENTRY" message.

Make sure you enter it in the ILS bit down at the bottom of the NAV/RAD page (under the left ADF entry. It may say PARK, or a combination of PARK and in small letters the ILS freq and course if you've entered an arrival runway).-Phil

Guest Asarna

Perfect, Thank you