Sign in to follow this  
767lover

what about the MD11 update?

A week ago, an update on the MD11 was announced that was supposed to be online very soon (within days). It has been a year now since the last update.It would be nice to have an update now! If not, I will just continue to have a blast of a time with the 747 ;-) ;-)Cheers,Dirk

"Such a reply as you made right now is exactely the reason why PMDG does not give release dates"I did not ask about release dates. I know PMDG's release date anouncement policy very well, as anyone should. I am just a curious and excited potential customer, who would like to hear a few details about the state of MD11 develepment progress and it's features. Maybe even a glimps of the virtual cockpit. I think the 747 is a magnificant product and therefore, I expect a lot from the MD11. Dirk

To quote a member of the PMDG team last week in regards to the MD11:"Guys, you know the answer to this already (it's the same with all the other releases) - WHEN IT'S DONE!"Ryan Maziarz (KTUS)i think thats enough said about the MD-11 folks..updates are released when there is info to release! theres not at the moment hence no update! the boards are flooded with similar posts and similar answers.im enjoying the 747 like the rest of you guys :)

PMDG is pretty heavily committed to finishing the 747-400F Cargo product. MD-11 info will be posted, but it is not a top priority at the moment.Bill

Guest Steve_Park

Thanks Bill. But is seem's that the 747-400F folks have been under the influence of the "Dark Side" in KLAX for over a month now. Hate to seem 'em stuck on the "Left Coast" all that time.Steve

Steve,there is a very simple reason why the B744F people are stuck in KLAX...As you know, Long Beach Airport, home of McDonnell Douglas, is nearby. So the whole Polar Freighter crew went there to see the MD11! And you can't blame them as she is such a marvelous aeroplane :)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Markus-Well said. :-)Couple of corrections for this thread: I have posted 9 updates on the MD11 status since it was announced that Michael and Bill had joined PMDG. Anyone stating otherwise is mistaken and/or quoting someone else who was mistaken. ;-)I said I'd likely have more information in a couple of days. When I have more information, you will receive it. It is safe to assume that if I haven't said anything yet- then this means I'm still sitting on something.In the future I think I simply won't tell you when there might be more information.... You can see what happens when any expectations is allowed to build.... I'm glad you are interested, obviously- but you wouldn't believe what goes on behind the scenes. :-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Basten_TFF754

Markus,I couldn't agree more, though it's such a shame that they aren't built anymore (in real life that is ;-)). With Bill, Michael and rest of the PMDG team on the job, this addon will be just as great as it's real life counterpart!Regards,Basten______________________________[a href=http://www.ifdg.net]iFDG website![/a]MD-11 :: There is not better

^^Dirk wrote: I did not ask about release dates. I know PMDG's release date anouncement policy very well, as anyone should. ^^^^Robert wrote: In the future I think I simply won't tell you when there might be more information.... You can see what happens when any expectations is allowed to build.... this is what i meant. Because Robert said there would be an update soon, probably within a week, everybody sticks to that. (so did I, but when the week thereafter expired I remained calm)we are ALL curious about the MD-11; if not we wouldn't have replied in this thread. but we ALL got to be patient too, as there is nothing to release yet :)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgJan Herman Kloppenborg

Guest D17S

Speaking of, just spent the day flying the full motion MD11 at Alteon over at Long Beach. Wes really put me through the paces. First a 'hello' walk around in the main building then over to the MD11 hanger. First time I had ever been in a full motion sim. Wes grabbed the flap handle and pulled em on down to start the setup and my stomach locked up . . ."Hey, did anyone check under the wings!!?" . . . .Ahh never mind! It 'feels' that real. Actually the cockpit is real. First a normal takeoff. That acceleration is cool. Off we go. I can do this. A lap around the field and a setup for a landing. Chasing the FD. That CWS is a bugger. Finally settled in but that big ol' Autoflight button sure was looking tempting. The biggest weirdness was the cockpit height at touchdown. I'm always bouncing the 747-400 and I was sure that I done the same with the MD11. The cockpit is WAY up there at touchdown. Wes said "Now ease the nose down." I said "Shouldn't I land first? Touch and go and off to FL390 for some speed protection demos. It took some doing but we got the AT disconnected and setup a slow speed recovery. The pitch FMA is called

Sam,Looks like Wes is getting a workout with all you guys wanting MD-11 sim rides. Hope you said "Hi" for Robert and I. Wes is one of our all time favorite guys, and it looks like he gave you a heck of a ride!Basten,Thanks for those nice words.Bill