Sign in to follow this  
Guest VJsus4

Questions regarding PMDG 800-900

Can't assist with point 1, but I will give you my thoughts on the others.2. If you are planning the fuel correctly for the route are you ensuring the correct amount is entered in "Fuel" on the FS menu? If you search AVSIM for "Boeing 737 fuel planner" you will find a very useful tool for calculating fuel requirements (version 1.4) which will load the fuel into FS as well.3. I feel a run through the autothrottle logic in the PMDG thread for the 747 will help you. It is a sticky at the top of this forum.4. To enable ATC to work with your plan you need to have the same plan loaded into FS flight planner. If you are using a route planner like FSBuild it should be exported to FS as well as PMDG. All you need to do is go into Flight Planner in the FS menu and load your flight plan. This then enables FS ATC to offer control of your flight via the normal ATC keys. So effectively you have 2 versions of the plan, one in the 737 FMC and one in FS Flight planner.Please also remember as per forum guidelines to sign your name with you post.Hope this helps.

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest VJsus4

Thanks for your answer, and I shall always leave my signature on all my posts in the future. I don

Guest VJsus4

How shall I set the FMC/AP to get the plane to follow my speed restrictions, all the way to touchdown? Is this possible?

ViktorIt is a question of physics alone. If you have a descent profile that is too steep, you will overspeed even with the throttles at idle. The only way to slow down is either use the spoilers/ and or make a shallower descent profile.... descend earlier.I am new to the 737-800/900 myself, and i find using a "speed" descent instaed of a "path" descent in the fmc will get me a steeper descent profile down to 10,000 feet. This then gives more time to slow down once below 10,000.Peter

Peter Schluter

Ok...1. Check in FS9 menu that you are below MTOW (max take-off weight).2. Check the amount of fuel in FS9 menu and the weight in FS9 menu agree with fuel and weight in the FMC. (You set the FMC last)3. Check the VR speed on the FMC agrees with the VR-speed green mark on the speed tape and co-pilot call-out.If all the above agree and you are still not taking-off correctly, reply on here with your weights/fuels/v-speeds from FMC/ trim setting. I will then try and replicate it.Peter

Peter Schluter