Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomsim

Unable to uninstall PMDG 747-400

Guest tomsim

Hi!Due to problems with an add-on file I uninstalled the FS2004. When I re-install FS2004 the PMDG 747-400 file were still present but the following problems occurred:1) The PMDG drop down menu was not active anymore.2) The navigation data cannot be found by the FMC. An error message appears: DATA NOT IN DATABASEDue to the above mentioned problems I decided to uninstall/reinstall PMDG 747-400.There is no uninstall program with PMDG 747-400. So, I deleted all files that I have found concerning PMDG.As I try to reinstall the program the following message appears on the screen:The setup has detected that version 1.10.000 of PMDG 747-400 version 1.02 is already installedWhat can I do to continue with the reinstallation?Please help. ThanksTomsim

I have the same problem...I cannot reinstall the 747 program..spent the whole morning looking and deleting PMDG files.Tried a note to support but was not any help.Will watch this post closely for anyone with answers, grounded till then.

already did that, and windows program cannot remove one indicated File:"PMDG747_400 Queen of the Skies Size: 30,226.00 MB"when I depress the remove button...the following appears:"Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to closesorry for the inconvenience"Debug has no effect.

I'd contact support officially at support@precisionmanuals.com - sounds like you've got a corrupted install somehow and they'll probably need to walk you through manually getting rid of all the files so it'll install again.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Gents-If you read the README that was displayed to you during installation- it warned you:"Use the uninstaller in ADD/REMOVE or re-run the installer if you want to uninstall. DO not just delete files."It ends with: "We warned you."Deleting files from a windows program is a bad idea. Might be fine for some scenery packages- but since our products uses the registry on your machine quite heavily- you are only damaging yourself.Also- if you are not running a legally licensed version- there are some hidden surprises in there that might create some problems... Not much we can do to help you.I'd suggest you re-run the installer. It should detect that you already have the -400 installed- and offer you the opportunity to MODIFY/REPAIR/REMOVE the -400.Select REPAIR.When it is finished- you may then do the same thing- and select REMOVE.Note that the 400 installer will leave some shared files behind- this is normal and prevents us from accidentally disabling other PMDG products or non PMDG addons that share some files we also install.One last item for you guys:READ THE FORUM GUIDELINES- PLEASE SIGN YOUR NAMES TO YOUR POSTS.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for your reply...I have truly enjoyed your products....The 747 product was runningwell till I recently purchased the the 737 packages and installed them after the 747. My error.tried various methods includingSystem restore which probably only aggravated the error.Anyhow....All my PMDG products are legal...I am given an opportunity to remove the "PMDG747_400 Queen of the Skies Size 30,266.00MB" but amgiven at "setup has encountered a problem and needs to close".Will continue flying..with the 737's till I can sort out...

Milkman,Once again, please sign your name to your post according to PMDG forum guidelines.In order to uninstall the product, you need to have it fully installed first. Since you deleted some files manually, that obviously isnt the case. Reinstall the full product, then uninstall it from the control panel's add/remove icon.Also, it should be noted that you need to install the 737 FIRST, then the 747. If done in the proper order, you should be easily able to fly them both.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest camm

HiI had a problem with the load manager and did something stupid.I did not heed(READ) your warnings and manually removed the PMDG patch 1.2 for FS9.I am unable to reload the original aircraft from my CD as it states that I am trying to load version 1 and 1.2 is the later version.I have tried to remove it by 1. Removing FS9 and reloading it2. Manually searching the entire computer and removing everything I could find3. Using system restore(This wont work as I am using Vista and have 2 hard drives.FS9 is loaded on drive D the second hard drive and System restore used C drive only to create restore points.4. Reloading the patch but the setup.exe has an error and wont work5. When relaoding the patch to try remove it does note have a remove or repair option at all. I tried to use the 737 tool to no avail. I am no computer buff and thought that the best option would be to format Drive D. I don