Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

PMDG Textures not installing

I have downloaded some textures from the PMDG website and they are not loading. I am getting an error message saying the airstair.bmp could not be loaded. Please assist me in figuring out how to install the textures.Thank you,Kevin

Kevin-It sounds to me like you may have a bogus download (ie: it wasn't complete or is corrupted)ORYou have downloaded a livery for the 8900 when you do not have that airplane installed. Either of those help you? Let us know!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

No, I am sorry that doesn't help. I have all versions of the 737 installed. For some reason the installer will put the folder in the right place, but I get an error that says:The file C:Progam FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPMDG737-800texturepmdg_airstairs.bmp could not be opened.The only option from there is to click OK and the installer closes out.I have downloaded the executible files multiple times and run into the same problem. Plus I have tried downloading other files from PMDG and run into the exact same error. I don't think the files are bad. I just think the files are not reading correctly, or something. I am completely stumped. Any further information on how to fix this would be great.Thank you,Kevin

I got it to work. I don't know why, but Robert was right. The 737's were not completely installed. They were installed, but for some reason not registered, or something. This might have had something to do with when I last cleaned my hard drive and defraged it. I have heard that sometimes when you defrag or clean a hard drive, registrations get corrupted. I don't completely understand that, but that might have been the problem. Because between the last time I flew the 737 to this time, I defraged and cleaned the hard drive.Anyway, I completely removed all files and reinstalled the 737's. Now executible texture addons work like a charm.Thank you, Robert for the help.Kevin