Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikeernie

Alternate bitmaps

Guest mikeernie

Does anyone know if there are any main panel alternate bitmaps available is a color that's not so dark ?

Dear nameless (please read the forum rules posted at the top of this forum)Avsim hosts thousands of different panels for all different kinds of airplanes accross many types of simulators. They have some train panels too for Train Simulator. You can also find all types of panels by typing "panel" into google.Perhaps if you were more specific to what plane you were referring.... ;-)PMDG currently has 5 airplanes on the market with over 20 variants. Until then, it is difficult to help you. Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest mikeernie

Yes, my mistake for forgetting to sign my name...if that is the best you can do for a reply, I'll check somewhere else....but I really appreciate your attempt to help me...RICK RYAN

Nice way to treat a paying customer.Seems to be the theme around here lately.If he had signed his name and had a legit problem he would have went days with no reply.But forget that name and just watch how fast the reply comes.Took ONE minute for that reply.Must have been sitting there hitting refresh waiting for some newbie who shelled out $50 to forget something as trivial as signing his post.I don't disagree with telling him to sign his post but maybe back the attitude down a few notches and after that back it down a couple more.I absolutely love PMDGs'747 and can't wait to shell out more $$$ for the 400F and the MD-11 but sure would be nice if everyone could just get along and remember that just because you may have a gazillion posts and have been here for an eternity that doesn't give you the right to take such an attitude with the new guys.Michael Benton

Guest andyman

I agree, the attitude needs to back down. Off that crappy subject and on to the new.>Does anyone know if there are any main panel alternate bitmaps available is a color that's not so dark ?If your talking about the NG:The ng isn't that dark during the day but is a bit too dark at night. I don't recall of any night time texture replacements. 747- The panel is the correct color in the day and can look almost as bright in the night. Doesn't need to be replaced.B1900's- Fine in day, good at night. The real airplane does have the eery greenish-whitish glow at night. I don't think it needs a replacement.

Someone want to explain how Vin was supposed to help him when there's no way to tell which plane he was referring to? Also, you expect the developer to point someone to an unsupported modification in the first place??

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest 3202b

"Someone want to explain how Vin was supposed to help him when there's no way to tell which plane he was referring to?"Well why did he not just say he wasnt sure what panel it was?"Also, you expect the developer to point someone to an unsupported modification in the first place??"No, he could have just explained they did not support user modifications."Nice way to treat a paying customer"Totally agree, a horrible way to treat your paying customers - give some respect please and lose the sarcastic tone.John

Guest mikeernie

Gentlemen (and you know who you are and who you aren't)...I have a degenerative eye disease, the name of which I can rarely spell correctly, that makes it difficult for me to distinguish different shades of darker colors such as blacks and greys, apparently this degenerative disease has also gone to my brain which is probably why I did not A) sign my name to my post and :( did not specify which panel I was referring to...being a "new guy" I had leaped to the incorrect assumption that I was in the 737NG support forum and therefore folks might assume I was referring to that panel....I was not trying to get a "developer" to steer me to an unsupported modification, I was simply asking if anyone knew anything about alternate bitmaps. I was looking for something that was maybe a lighter shade so that it would be easier for me to see and distinguish where some of the gauges end and the panel bitmap begins...sorry if I ruffled any feathers but I would have expected a more professional reply than the one I originally received...I took it as condecending and a bit juvenile. I guess I was not the only one that saw it that way....anyway it's probably a good idea to drop it and move on, and I'll make do with what I have...thanksRick Ryan