Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcstuan

Problem with the gear

Guest jcstuan

HeiThe nose gear or the wheels dosen't turn with the rudder on my 747. What can I do to solve this problem?Johan

Johan,This is actually correct - the rudder does not turn the nosegear on a real 747, the tiller does. We have simulated motion of the nosegear though, but ONLY when the aircraft is moving forward. The real one will not turn on the ground when the plane is stationary. You need a small amount of forward movement.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest jcstuan

Well, my nosegear doesn't turn at all! Isn't the maingears also suppose to turn with the rudder?

Guest wisborg

As far as I have understood, then the gear will only turn if auto rudder is deactivated. However, I might be wrong./ Jesper

You will need to go in to the FS realism settings and disable the Auto Rudder feature and it should work just fine.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

"This is actually correct - the rudder does not turn the nosegear on a real 747, the tiller does. We have simulated motion of the nosegear though, but ONLY when the aircraft is moving forward. The real one will not turn on the ground when the plane is stationary."You may be thinking of Rudder Trim not affecting nosewheel steering, Ryan? (Actually, in theory, it should move a little, but I asked a pilot to try this for me.. and he said he didn't notice any effect as he taxied). Rudder pedal movement most definitely does turn the nosewheel (NOT the body gear though). Rudder pedal steering is how you get proper rollout during autolands and proper manual centerline tracking during the takeoff run (especially at low speeds prior to the rudder becoming effective). When the plane lifts off, the rudder pedal steering is electromechanically AND mechanically disabled (you don't want the nosewheel at an angle as the gear retracts).Hope this helps?Cheers.Q>