Sign in to follow this  
Guest ambrose1777

Reducing Speed In PMDG B738 and Speed Indicator Problem

Guest ambrose1777

Hi PMDG Captains, i've have a couple of questions..When Descending below 10.000ft i really challange to slow down the aircraft especially if i'm descending manually with vertical speed instead of VNAV.even with full speedbrakes, if descent rate is more than 1100fps, aircraft starts to gain speed.

Guest Clansman

hi,>When Descending below 10.000ft i really challange to slow down>the aircraft especially if i'm descending manually with>vertical speed instead of VNAV.even with full speedbrakes, if>descent rate is more than 1100fps, aircraft starts to gain>speed.

HiTry using a "speed" VNAV descent at cruise Mach/315 KIAS from cruise flight level to 10,000 feet instead of a "path". This means you should descend at greater speed (and therefore greater descent angle).When you get to 10,000 feet you can slow to 250 KIAS and continue your descent at or below this speed. Because you will have had a more rapid descent to 10,000 feet, you will have more time and distance to complete your descent to approach height.Peter

Peter Schluter

HiTry using a "speed" VNAV descent at cruise Mach/315 KIAS from cruise flight level to 10,000 feet instead of a "path". This means you should descend at greater speed (and therefore greater descent angle).When you get to 10,000 feet you can slow to 250 KIAS and continue your descent at or below this speed. Because you will have had a more rapid descent to 10,000 feet, you will have more time and distance to complete your descent to approach height.Peter

Peter Schluter

Guest szp

atc expects you to level at 10k to reduce airspeed to 250 (per AIM) when they give you a descent from above to below 10k. in level flight you will lose roughly 10kts per mile.