Sign in to follow this  
Guest Midnight LS1

Just purchased Queen of the Skies!

Guest Midnight LS1

Flew it on a delivery flight from KBFI to KJFK and I have to say it's well worth it. The best payware addon for FS9!First when I got it installed, I went to KBFI and loaded the aircraft, then I started up the APU, checked everything out and I proceed to attempt to start the #1 engine. Pulled the starter switch and no N1 response. I looked to see if I forgot to engage the APU Bleed air valve or similar to that, nope. Back to the manuals and found out the fuel valve must be turned on before pulling the starter. I was attempting a manual start before.I'm still trying to get used to the FMC but I can't find the Autothrottle button/switch?Lined up for takeoff at KBFI, with all engines idling for a few mins while looking for the TO/GO switch. Could someone tell me where is it?I read in the manual that the engines have to be at least 70% N1 before engaging TO/GA, did that and nothing happened.Anyways the only payware aircraft I owned before the Queen of the Skies was the PSS 777-200LR.I love the PSS 777 but the only problem I have is the sliding on landing past touchdown, I hope the patch PSS releases soon will correct that.The PMDG 747 grips and holds onto the runway good!The selling point for me was the reviews about how great this aircraft is and the realistic FDE ;)Everything looks great, the only thing I would change is the FMC image to make it look more of a clean design instead of a photo like copy.Do you have plans to include or work a Wx Radar into it?Great work BTW, I'm off to download liveries for it.P.S. did anyone happen to see an Gateway cow like livery for the PMDG 747? I saw it on avsim.com before a while ago but can't find it now?

The TO/GA switch is the screw to the left of the A/T ARM lettering above the A/T switch.ASFAIK there are no plans to include a weather radar. At least I'm pretty sure that's what they've said.Can't help you with the cow.Hope it helps.

in the VC the TOGA button is right infront of the throttlesthe auto throttle is up on the MCP near the FD switch.I would recommend reading the manual, at least the important parts. it makes the experience much better.Glad you enjoy it, I love it too, when I can get my computer working properly!

"Pulled the starter switch and no N1 response. I looked to see if I forgot to engage the APU Bleed air valve or similar to that, nope. Back to the manuals and found out the fuel valve must be turned on before pulling the starter."Noooo..... Chris.. I think you'll find that most airlines insist that you pull the start switch first...before lifting the fuel levers (autostart OR manual start).It's not clear from your message what you were doing, but...the engine should start turning if you pull the starter and the Autostart switch is DESELECTED. You need both the start switch pulled and the fuel lever lifted before you get rotation when making an Autostart (Autostart switch ON). In reality, it doesn't matter which is selected first during an Autostart, but it is a good habit to pull the start switch first.Note that when you select Autostart, the engine management system controls the automatic operation of the engine fuel valves, the engine ignition and the starter pneumatic valve."I read in the manual that the engines have to be at least 70% N1 before engaging TO/GA, did that and nothing happened."If the A/T switch was armed and the flaps were in the takeoff range, TOGA should have worked. I assume all your electrical busses were powered, too?Hope this helps.Cheers.Q>

Guest Midnight LS1

>in the VC the TOGA button is right infront of the throttles>>the auto throttle is up on the MCP near the FD switch.>>I would recommend reading the manual, at least the important>parts. it makes the experience much better.>>Glad you enjoy it, I love it too, when I can get my computer>working properly!First I thought it was those two brown tabs on throttle levers 2 & 3 in the 2D panel mode and I tried pulling them to see if it would engage the TO/GA. But like Chaos81 stated, it's the screw next to the A/T Arm switch. Got to look for the TO/GA button in VC near the throttle quad.In the PSS 777, it's a different way. You click on the A/T Arm switch, then right click on it to start TO/GA mode.I flew from KBFI to KJFK last night then KJFK to LIMC all in flight while reading the manuals during cruise! Didn't get to sleep til 6am!

Guest Midnight LS1

>Noooo..... Chris.. I think you'll find that most airlines>insist that you pull the start switch first...before lifting>the fuel levers (autostart OR manual start).>>It's not clear from your message what you were doing, but...>>the engine should start turning if you pull the starter and>the Autostart switch is DESELECTED. You need both the start>switch pulled and the fuel lever lifted before you get>rotation when making an Autostart (Autostart switch ON). In>reality, it doesn't matter which is selected first during an>Autostart, but it is a good habit to pull the start switch>first.>>Note that when you select Autostart, the engine management>system controls the automatic operation of the engine fuel>valves, the engine ignition and the starter pneumatic valve.>>"I read in the manual that the engines have to be at least 70%>N1 before engaging TO/GA, did that and nothing happened.">>If the A/T switch was armed and the flaps were in the takeoff>range, TOGA should have worked. I assume all your electrical>busses were powered, too?I was attempting to do a manual start, you know like engage the starter and bring N1 to 3.0+ then engage igitors then open the fuel valve and watch the engine rise then stabilize.By default the Autostart switch was engaged, didn't know that would affect the logic in FS9.I didn't know the TO/GO button was the screw actually in 2D panel mode because that's where I was looking in.All 4 were turning, flaps out at 20* and the generators were online, no EICAS fault messages other than APU Running in white.

Guest Dr-Foo

Chris, I highly recommend the normal procedures tutorial at http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg , if you haven't done so already. You don't have to take the LAX-Edwards AFB flight if you don't want to, but it really helped me (a newbie) figure out how to do a cold start, set up the FMC, etc. I'm sure after flying the 777, there'll be a lot of proactive transfer of procedural knowledge.@+Dr. Foo