Sign in to follow this  
Guest markyp

planning in detail?? Tim M??

Guest markyp

Hi all,I am hoping there is a real world pilot or anyone that can help me with the full procedure to planning for the 737-700 or 737 series from arriving at the airport going through the whole procedure, ie what charts do you check for this type and select? I think it is called the reference handbook for derates, rwy lengths etc etc, fuel planning etc......... weather etc...I have no found anywhere where a pilot has gone through this in detail for this type?!!ThanksMark

Guest markyp

anyone help with this at all??Thanks

Guest tmetzinger

real-world operators use a specialized planning program, sometimes called "loadmaster" or "accuload", or other names as part of the dispatch process to create the takeoff data for a particular flight.It's also possible to manually calculate the data using about 4 linear feet of printed materials, none of which are readily available.The best tools available to us, and the order in which they are used, are:Various web sites like flightware.com, simroutes.com - used to determine the route of flight.Flight planning programs such as FSBuild that take that route, and your aircraft basic data, and derive fuel requirements, and give you a dispatch sheet showing your flight plan, and your weights.Tomaflex, for taking your aircraft type, your load, your airport, your weather, and your power settings, and giving you yes/no data for each runway and power and flap combination, as well as vspeeds and OAT settings for derating the power.That's about as close as it gets to reality for us.

Guest markyp

ah ok!What is Tomaflex?? Never heard of it? How will it help my planning??ThanksMark

Guest tmetzinger

Tomaflex is a performance calculator. Google it and you'll find information.