Sign in to follow this  
Guest markyp

737-700 climb modes etx

Guest markyp

Hi all,From what I can see the only document we have with the PMDG737 is the N1 setting page, but this is for full power....What I am trying to work out is when we are climbing in LVL CHANGE with the autopilot that obviously puts it into N1 power which I belive is full power??I think maybe when I set a derate in the FMC and then I fly in LVL CHANGE mode as they do in the real world when lots of traffic around that is climbing in N1 so will not be following the derate from the FMC.... How can I make sure I fly with reduced takeoff thrust or reduced climb??Going on from there when we are climbing to 10,000ft we put it into lvl change and put speed window to 250knts as VNAV is not that great below that due to fmc restrictions on the SID programmed in... So what I am trying to say is this standard procedure in some cases to forget the derate up to 10,000ft??Also how do you set a manual takeoff role taking into consideration different parameters?? without enabling TOGA...?So I think also if i do not want to use TOGA how do I set my takeoff power and climb power?? So to take into consideration for derate??ThanksMark

Guest tmetzinger

Anytime you derate your thrust in the FMC that de-rating will be "respected" by the climb modes of N1, LVL CHG, or even if you fly with manual throttles.If you want more thrust, you go to the CLB page and change the thrust setting there.

Guest markyp

Ok thanks, so what about taking off without TOGA?? What happens then how do you set a target takeoff REF etc?? Plus climb....ThanksMark

Guest tmetzinger

You must program the FMC through the normal process, that sets the max thrust parameters for the engines. Then, no matter whether you press TOGA or just firewall the throttles, your max N1 will be enforced automatically.Same thing for climb, except that if you're flying with manual throttles you need to watch and see if you need to increase thrust as the climb continues - the Engine Controllers prevent an "overthrust", but they won't advance the throttles to the limit - you still have to do that.

Guest markyp

Ok thanks,But how with manual throttle do you check you are climbing at the right speed for derates etc and all that, as you are using manual throttle control???Thanks