Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

-400F update

I am definately going to buy both the 744 and 744F now because of the EPR thing!!! ;( Tears of Joy....YESSSS

>A question to PMDG however, is the EPR actually modelled so>that it is 'calculated,' or is is just for showVangelis does not do things for show...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Please don't kill me for asking ;-) but what exactly is this EPR everyone seems so excited about?

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for the heads-up...even though I still don't understand in what way this is so exciting (please don't misunderstand me) how the engine pressure is represented - N1 or EPR. But I guess that is my problem ;-) Glad for everyone's sake that get excited by this :-)

Richard Åsberg

Guest Mark McG

Richard,because of the way that engines are modelled in FS it is difficult to model EPR with any degree of accuracy. There have been few FS aircraft to date ( only one I can think of is the DF727) that have modelled EPR well. Therefore it is quite an achievement to get an accurate EPR model in FS.

Guest neilb

Hopefully people will appreciate that rather than just having it for looks.Wonderful news, congrats to the team.

OK Mark, thanks again for educating a novice in this area like myself :-)

Richard Åsberg

Guest jgreth123

>Richard,>>because of the way that engines are modelled in FS it is>difficult to model EPR with any degree of accuracy. There have>been few FS aircraft to date ( only one I can think of is the>DF727) that have modelled EPR well. Therefore it is quite an>achievement to get an accurate EPR model in FS.>Not to sidetrack, but the Ready for Pushback 747-200 modelled EPR extremely accurately. It's also been out for quite a bit longer than the Dreamfleet 727.I, too, am also excited to hear about that aspect, and many of the others the freighter offers :)

>Once you go freight, you'll think it's right!>Ok lame I know, but I used to be a pax hauler until I got>converted by the F. I only fly cargo now. ;)>>I agree. Freight hauling is the best, not as glamorous as hauling complaining pax, but it is more peaceful and more "free" to do as you please

Guest jgreth123

Plus the pilots get paid more ;)

Guest Boeing747-430

If i buy the -400F will the EPR instruments also work with the 400? and also, are there respective soundsets for each engine? or is it all GE sounds? the freighter looks AMAZING!Adam

I was wondering exactly the same today when I had math in the classroom :DBTW. The soundsets are already respective to each engine...very small differencis, you almost can't hear them. But that's how it should be

Guest Senior Captain

Looks great PMDG. Eagerly waiting for the release.