Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reddog

Duck repaint Finished - How do you . . .

Guest Heather 636

get wake effects to work?It has the water splash effect but no wake.Also, as Reddog brought up in anther post, http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID8she's flying pretty good but has a slight tendency to wander to the left. Aileron trim is not working, does not seem to have any effect at all.The following screenies are the finsihed repaint of my Pink American Duck.http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/...oah42/DUCK1.JPGhttp://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/...oah42/DUCK2.JPGhttp://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/...oah42/DUCK3.JPGStill attempting to get in contact with panel and airplane authors for permission to upload. As soon as I have such permission, this bird will be available.Cheers!Heather

paste this into the aircraft cfg(EFFECTS)wake=fx_wakewater=fx_spraydirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 1Replace the () with square bracketsBrianPS looks great!!!

Guest Heather 636

Thank you Brian. I had tried that but thinking back, had not rebooted the system. Perhaps that will make a difference.Hmmm . . .I wonder how she would look, leaving the stars, stripes, and Vargas girl, but replacing the pink with a Fire Engine Red. Even white I think would look nice.Never enough to do . . .Cheers!Heather

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy Heather,Yep Brian posted one set of wake/water effect; you can also try one of the following (that is, if you have Bob Trembley's most excellent waterlan.zip) installed:Pontoon aircraft:1.) FireStar ultra light float:(EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake water=fx_spraydirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 12.) Cessna C185 floats:(EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake_s //water=fx_spraywater=fx_waterlanddirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 13.) DHC-2T Turbo Beaver floats:(EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake_s //water=fx_spraywater=fx_waterlanddirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 14.) DHC 3 TA Turbine Otter:(EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake_ss //water=fx_spraywater=fx_waterlanddirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn, 15.) Cessna Caravan Amphibian floats:(EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake_ss //water=fx_spraywater=fx_waterlanddirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1or(EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake_m //water=fx_spraywater=fx_waterlanddirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1both look great, make your best decision...6.) De Havilland DHC6-300 floats(EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake_m //water=fx_spraywater=fx_waterlanddirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1* flying boat or hull aircraft, large:1.) Dornier Do24K flying boat:(EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake_l//water=fx_spraywater=fx_waterlanddirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1or (EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake_ss//water=fx_spraywater=fx_waterlanddirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1* flying boat or hull aircraft, small:1.) Lake Renegade 270 turbo seaplane(EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake_s//water=fx_spraywater=fx_waterlanddirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 1or (EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake_ss//water=fx_spraywater=fx_waterlanddirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 1* Pontoon helicopter:1.) Robinson 520 Amphibian NOTAR(EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake //water=fx_spraywater=fx_waterlanddirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 1or (EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake water=fx_spraydirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 1(Of course, substituting square brackets for ()).

Guest Heather 636

Wow! Thanks guys!Isn' this place great! Ask and ye shall receive!Cheers!Heather

Guest Heather 636

Downloaded Waterlan.zip by Trembley.VERY NICE EFFECTS!!!Used the wake=fx_wake_ss for the duck. Looks good.Thanks again everyone.Heather

VERY NICE!!!!!!!! You could make another version for the folks who don't want pink. Change the pink to white and you also have a beautiful plane. Very nice indeed. I like it pink!Don

Guest Heather 636

Thinking real hard about it Don. Do you really think there would be that much interest in it, beyond more than a half-dozen or so downloads?Thought I was finished with it but I see just a few little touch-ups I want to do.May very well go with an off-white one and remove the "Heather." Leave everything else like it is.I think I have the "painted in" light reflections looking pretty good; may do some on the front of the float too. Still a little flat.Also need to get some shading onto the fuselage just behind the cowling. On the other hand, may do something more with the blue sweeping back rather than just a vertical cut-off line between the pink and blue; too sterile.Still not having much luck in locating Tom Schaad. Searching the net. Lots of references to work with FS2000 but every address I find is his old defunct email addy.Cheers!Heather

All good ideas. I think there would be a want for it. The painted in reflections look great in the pictures, but I would really need to see it in person. (hint-hint!) LOL!!! I like it. Something different.Donps: PSP has some great tools for shadows and such. Just another kick from me to you towards the keyboard! LOL!DM

Well, I want one ! I guess, so does Don, so you've got at least two takers !I'd be quite happy with the pink "Heather" version as is, unless you want to keep that one for yourself.