Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

747-400F

Guest A32X

It looks like the -400F is going to be a great enhancement to the 747-400. Reading the MD-11 Product page I see;PMDG Dispatch Center - Manage the airplane load, calculate fuel requirements and obtain important flight information such as takeoff speeds, trim settings and runway length requirementsWill the 744F see anything equivalent and what performance hit will the 744F make if any? Also will there be any Avionics enhancements with the -F ?Cheers,Paul :-)

Specific avionics enhancements mentioned so far are the LCD screens, Digital MCP readout and the integrated standby gauge.I've also heard mention of the option for AUTO anti-ice but no official comment about that on the product page.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Marc Harrington

I'm not sure where the anti-ice thing came from, but this will not be featured. Sorry about that.

Guest Marc Harrington

Ok, must have been a communications issue... sorry about the confusion. There's still plenty of fun stuff that come with the F to keep you busy. :)

Can anyone from PMDG confirm that the numbers in the Digital MCP windows are blue? From real life photos I have seen I believe they are white.Thanks

I think they are a very light bluey grey colour if my memory is correct.We only have the one aircraft in our fleet (G-VROC) which has the digital MCP/ISFD but is a real joy to use as the numbers don`t bounce around like on the analouge MCP so you can read the numbers instantlyregardsJon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Guest A32X

Hi Jon.Do you know if all the 744F updates visual/systems/etc... will all roll onto the standard 747Pax? Also will taxi thrust be tweaked/look at?-Paul :-)

Gents-as with the 737NG digital MCP, you have the option (PMDG->Options->Colors) to make those digits any color you want.Presently on my rig, I have selected a nice Fuchsia color, so it stands out ;-) But to satisfy Jon, we can make it Lavender or Lulaki, or whatever your heart desires ;-).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

>I think they are a very light bluey grey colour if my memory>is correct.We only have the one aircraft in our fleet (G-VROC)> which has the digital MCP/ISFD but is a real joy to use as>the numbers don`t bounce around like on the analouge MCP so>you can read the numbers instantly>>regards>JonHi Jon, Do you fly the 747-400 for Virgin Atlantic? I went this summer to Miami with Virgin, so maybe I flew with you. :D

Juan,Sorry about the landing!LKpink please!Jon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Actually both landings were grate !And excuse my ignorance (english is not my first language) but what do you mean with "Lk pink please!"? (If I said something inappropiate I apologize it wasn`t my intention).

>Presently on my rig, I have selected a nice Fuchsia color, so>it stands out ;-) But to satisfy Jon, we can make it Lavender>or Lulaki, or whatever your heart desires ;-).Juan,:-) No, I was just replying to Lefteris`s posting which was above your`s asking what colour I wanted the MCP lights, his initials are LK.CheersJon

787 captain.  

>>>Presently on my rig, I have selected a nice Fuchsia color,>so>>it stands out ;-) But to satisfy Jon, we can make it>Lavender>>or Lulaki, or whatever your heart desires ;-).>>Juan,>>:-) No, I was just replying to Lefteris`s posting which was>above your`s asking what colour I wanted the MCP lights, his>initials are LK.>>Cheers>Jon>Hahaha !!! what a confusion !!! :-hmmm sorry.And about the flight, please next time I fly with Virgin you could tell the flight attendant to let me go into the cockpit :-) because she didn't allow me :-( (I know it's not permited in flight but it would have been nice to go up there after the flight, like I did in the flight from Madrid to London)