Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

News, Announcements and Releases! 19JAN06

Captains-This has been an extremely busy week for all of us, with a number of major hurdles being cleared on a number of projects....We'll have more detailed information at some point later- but I wanted to point your attention to a few pieces of information since they have been frequent topics of conversation in the forum.....1) Aerosoft Australia 747MCP hardware Interface: We have finally finished testing/development of the interface software required so that owners of this fine piece of hardware can use it effectively with the PMDG 747-400. This project took approximately 5 months longer than we wanted- but given that most of the work required interface between PMDG and Aerosoft Australia- we are quite with how well this has turned out! If you own the Aerosoft Australia 747MCP- you can download the updated PMDG interface from the MISCELLANEOUS section of our downloads area on the website!2) The PMDG MD11 has gone into alpha/development testing. This is a big step in the right direction as it means that the majority of our development assets will be dedicated to this project in the coming months. We are not going to be sharing many images or screenshots in the near future- but you may begin to hear a bit more about the project form our team of technical advisors and from the PMDG team....3) The PMDG 747-400F has gone into BETA testing- and we expect to be prepping the airplane for release very shortly. The 400F includes a few things that we honestly weren't certain were goin to happen with the 747-400, but in the end some critical pieces have fallen into place and we are thrilled to see the finish line just on the horizon!I'll be back to give you some more information on the 400F later!I'm pressed for time at the moment- but I thought you'd all want to share in these important steps forward!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest jgreth123

Awesome news! :)Thanks Robert and the rest of the PMDG team.

Guest Matthias1975

Great news...I am so excited about the 400F :-)Thank you to the whole team!!!!!!

Thx a lot for these news.Only one qwestion.... PMDG B744 tutorial????Thx again.Carlos Garc

Guest HeavyMetal

Thanks Robert. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of both of these products. HooRah!!!------------------------------------------------------------------Joe F."It's not the fall that kills ya. It's the sudden stop at the end"http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpg

Tom-They are "basically finished" and completed testing. A few more minor tweaks and tests then they should roll out.I'm goin to refrain from offering a "oh- certainly by" date- because we both know that if i do- I'll be wrong....then i'll be flogged. :-)Not long, tho....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

On second reading I saw that the Aerosoft-drivers are being provided free of charge in the download section. I presume that will be the case with the Engravity-drivers aswell?

Guest steveduemila

Yuppieeeeeeeeeeeee :-)Thanks Robert..... really i will be happy to use my CDU with 737!!!!!Finally.... thanks PMDG.....hoping to have drivers soon ;-)Stefano

Hi Robert,Thanks to you and the complete team for bringing us the Aerosoft drivers. Great to see there is coming progress in the interface world ;)The PMDG 747-400 super addon and good hardware is creating a super sim ;) ;)B. rgdsMichel

Tom-ABSOLUTELY NOT!There was significant development time dedicated to the building of the interface DLL code. The interface will be for sale, with individual licenses for each product family (737NG and 747-400/F).Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Okay Lefteris, thanks for the reply.I was under the assumption that both situations were equal, since the Aerosoft took a long time to develop, and they are provided for free.Hopefully a combo-pack will be provided :)Thanks for providing these interfaces, they will add another dimension to the experience!

Guest jeffg

The question was asked again by Carlos Garc