Sign in to follow this  
Guest speight

antivirus programs and stutters

Guest Pepe1

>Hi Pierre,>My PC has been running most of the day but it said I have 38>processes running. CPU usage is 2%. It'll take me some time to>list them. Is it safe to close all of these by pressing the>End Process button? That is, other than the porgram I have>running. >>Ken.Using the end task buttom is how to terminate an application. But, you cannot close all of them. Allot of what you see is applictions crucial for windows to operate. If you only have 38 processes running, sounds to me like you don't have very many other applictions installed on your hard drive than? As a result you might only have one or two app's that can be stopped, I'm not sure!If you want do a goggle search for FSScreen, so you can take a screen shot of your task manager open. Just download the program to your desktop and run it. You might also need windows powertoys/ window resizer from Microsft to shrink the image file size in order to post it on this forum.Otherwise, just write them all out in a list. The only part I need is everything under Image name, nothing else. Those are all the system app's running.Hope this helps?Pierre.

Guest speight

PHILRight click on the panda icon in the task bar and hit the choice "close automatic protection" at the bottom, then answer okHTH

Guest BAW843

Thanks got it ... :-)I have noticed a slight improvement in FPS and general smoothness!!RegardsPHIL

When I was using AVG I suffered regular 'Trojans'. Since moving to Mac-Afee I have not had any or virusses.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png