Sign in to follow this  
Guest A340_captain

Jared Smith KLAX-KEDW flight scenario

Guest A340_captain

Gentlemen,Before any of you flame me, allow me to say I'm a novice when it comes to PMDG's B-747-400 software. I've loaded Jared Smith's KLAX-KEDW training scenario and have a problem with the -400's autopilot going offline once cruise is established at FL150. I'm no stranger to the -400's FMC and cannot think of anything I'm doing incorrectly to cause this problem. There is no predicting when/where the AP failures are occuring, only that they occur in cruise flight 2-3 minutes after establishing s&l flight.I'd very much appreciate your "expert" input on this matter. I cannot think of any reason for this anomaly, except to suggest it's so realistic it actually mimics VirginAtlantic's own FMC's on our Airbus fleet!Thanks (in advance)!Regards,Captain D. Jarrett

Capt.,I've not downloaded J. Smith's training, so I cannot say for sure. Maybe, perhaps there is a bug in the scenario mentioned.Also, make sure you have no tick marks on the PMDG menu relating to AFDS. Perhaps this will help.Regards,Tom

If you are using a joystick or yoke, I suggest increasing the null zones in the FS controls set up. Your joystick might be sending erroneous signals to the sim that is causing the Autopilot to disengage. Also uncheck 'Joystick overrides AP' in the PMDG options menu.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg