Sign in to follow this  
Guest sigvaldi

Problem after landing in the PMDG 744

Guest sigvaldi

Good day,Let me preface this with pilot error was no doubt involved but as I haven't had the time to go through the process again I wanted to ask those out there more experience with this airframe.Autoland at HECA. A/T on, FD on, and autobrakes were still on at the time. Plane slows to 0kts. ((Super impressed as I watched my maiden landing in the SPOTTER view.)) I push up on the throttles to taxi forward and to vacate the runway. Plane on its on turns to the right over 90 degrees and moves forward. Looks like it is trying to leave the runway based on some rollout configuration of its own. I turn off A/T, FD and the autobrakes. Throttle applied again to move off the grass and back on to the taxiway. Plane now only wants to turn in a counter clockwise manner. To go straight I had to fight the plane. Now I disconnect the USB CH Yoke I have and reconnect it. Plane still is wanting to turn only in a tight counterwise manner. I believe I covered all the procedures on the checklist beforehand but can not confirm 100%.Any clue on what caused this issue?Thanks,Steve Elliott

Guest sigvaldi

Not at first but I did use autopilot disengage bar later on to no avail.I should also say I have the latest patch too. -Steve

Did you notice if all engine were spooling up? I've had similar problem after landing and noticed that all throttles were not advancing.I don't know what caused my problem but I'm guessing I may have hit a wrong key either on my joystick or keyboard.Never had it happen again though.Michael

Steve-Ack man- never admit pilot error until AFTER the investigative board meets. ;-)Sounds to me like one of a couple different things to look at:1) Check that your A/P is off. MSFS exhibits some funnies if the A/L doesn't relinquish the steering control...2) Check your steering (outside view- and STAT display) Is it showing a rudder/steering hard-over?3) Throttle up/down.... are you getting all four? Or at least are you getting balanced thrust?4) Check your steering control.... is it working correctly when the airplane is moving slowly?I'm guessing you are seeing some kind of interface issue....Hitting a key combination that gave you only 2 engine thrust control- or some gremlin in the joystick forcing the steering over....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest sigvaldi

I meant to mention this in my original post. My rudder did in fact show what would appear if one was turning counter clockwise. I have autorudder on due to no rudder petals. I should have tried steering with the yoke unplugged. All engines were spooling up normally, I did think about that at the time.Before takeoff steering was fine. If I was applying low power for movement I was still pulling to the left.Thanks,Steve

Unlike the 737 that does not have track guidence on the ground the 744 does. turn off the A/P.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest sigvaldi

Thank you to all that gave me suggestions. I am going to try this and if I have issues I will post again.Thanks,Steve

Guest sigvaldi

Last night I made time to fly the route again. Landing was just as perfect as before with autoland. I followed the advice of making sure I disconnected the autopilot and the a/t. Oh, I had runway turnoff on my first effort, that must explain the initial takeover by the aircraft to get off the runway. Made sure it was off this time :)No problems with taxing this time at all. It was truly a wonderful flight.Thank you again for those truly helpful pointers and advice.Have a great day,Steve