Sign in to follow this  
Guest dunbonin

Programming North atlantic tracks (NATS) in FMC for PMDG 747-400

Guest dunbonin

Hi allI recently purchased the PMDG747 and I am very happy with it. It is qutie a learning curve but it is very satisfying as I slowly master it.I was wondering how you enter north atlantic tracks into the FMC? I am asking as there is a VATSIM event coming up from EGLL-KJFK in which I will be allocated a NAT track to follow.I have downloaded AIRAC 513 and didn't know if it was possible to type a NAT track in and the FMC would recognise it.Otherwise, is there a way of importing an FS9 flightplan into the FMC?ThanksT WaltersBAW1100British Airways Virtual

I don't think there are any stored NAT tracks in the AIRAC data as they constantly change to suit the prevailing winds and conditions on the day.A NAT track normally has an Entry point, intermediate waypoints based on Lat/Long coordinates and an exit point.An example of an intermediate waypoint might be 58N23W which goes into the FMC as 5823N.In my planning process I normally plan my flight to fly via an airway that leads to (or close to) my NAT entry point then enter the NAT track as DCT waypoints, then pick up an airway on the otherside of the pond to continue the flight.*************EDIT: This is Jon B's actual flight plan from Vegas to Gatwick, posted earlier. The NAT component is from KOBEV to MASIT and is Track W (hence the NATW). As I understand it (corrections encouraged!) the actual path that Track W follows tomorrow could be different from today depending on the prevailing winds etc. See below the example for how to enter it in the FMC------------------VS 44 KLAS-EGKKflight time 9:10TOW 322,846KG LWT 234,600KGLAS.LAS2.DVC.J146.GLD.J192.IOW.OBK.J94.ECK.J546.MAVOD.J579.YUL.MIILS.N83B.YQX.NATW.KOBEV.5050N.5440N.5530N.5520N.RESNO.MASIT.DEVOL.UN546.STU.UM17.GIBSO.WILLO1D.LGW.------------------So when loading the FMC with this portion of the it would be:Via TO<>N83B------------YQXDCT-----------KOBEVDCT-----------5050NDCT-----------5440NDCT-----------5530NDCT-----------5520NDCT-----------RESNODCT-----------MASITDCT-----------DEVOLUN546-----------STU<>

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

https://www.notams.jcs.milThis whole website (a page of it is linked above) is brilliant. Well worth a look if you're a planning addict like me! It's going in my flight planning links folder ASAP.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Guest afluhart

I use the free section of routefinder and you can have it utilize nat's for routing. It'll use the current NAT for flight plan... then I use fsroute.com to compile it for a ms flightplan and to import a pmdg flightplan.

>In real life I believe the track is downloaded via ACARS...ACARS with downloadable NAT tracks eh... That'd be a cool feature for the Queen... ;-)I'm just saying...

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Guest jgreth123

>In real life I believe the track is downloaded via ACARS...Ryan, You mean the dispatcher gets the NAT from ACARS? Or do you mean the pilot gets the route ( including NAT in the route ) via ACARS?

Guest capntom

There are various iterations of this. It is possible to download the flightplan via ACARS. However one must also check that this agrees with the actual oceanic clearance, which can be recieved by ACARS as well. Even without the ACARS flight plan loaded into the FMC it is still possible to recieve the oceanic clearance form ACARS. Or one can do it all manually and by voice communication with Gander or Shanwick.Tom

Guest Hawkeyeted

>I use the free section of routefinder and you can have it>utilize nat's for routing. It'll use the current NAT for>flight plan... then I use fsroute.com to compile it for a ms>flightplan and to import a pmdg flightplan.In the same vein, FSBuild ( www.fsbuild.com ) utilizes the same dynamic NATS/PACOTS tracks for trans-oceanic planning. You can use FSB to export the plans in both FS and PMDG format, as well as build a fuel burn table and step climb profile.

Guest bob

HiI have entered a route (RTE) compiled by FsRoute into PMDG's flightplans. When I select into company route in the FMS the plan loads but does not show the waypoints.I would be grateful for assistanceThanksBob Wright

Guest bernarte

How does FSB now the PAX, fuel and cqargo load in order to compute the fuel burn??

Guest phillyflyer

>https://www.notams.jcs.mil/common/nat.html>>This is what I use I just see what NAT I am assigned via>Routefinder>http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/?PHPSESSID...b00308b73d0fe80>and then input the assigned track info.>>Do you know how to get routefinder to select the correct NAT for that give day, since I think they change daily? I tried the "user defined" restriction to specify what the NATs were for today but RF just kept giving me NATT east bound KORD-LTAG, which isn't being used today.Thanksphillyflyer

fsroute's export options do not support PMDG747. it says 'PMDG(except 747)'regards,MarkPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark