Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Scenery to go with the upcoming 400F

Gents,I must confess that up until recently I was interested in getting the freighter only in order to upgrade my 744 pax flight deck with all the new features. However, being open-minded I've recently decided that when I buy the 400F I will actually spend some time on the Flying Tigers Group VA cargo routes.So, my question is this: What scenery addons are available out there that enhance the Cargo areas of major airports around the world?Many (not all) of the FS default airports have decidedly average representations of the cargo areas, has anyone found any scenery that would correct this? If not maybe I'll look into doing some work on this...

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mark I know this is very flip BUT I hate to tell you thisMOST cargo areas around the world are just about as FS depicts them x(sorry mate the devil made me do it :-)______________________________________Rob YMA002 - Compass Airlines Australia - a new direction!2846.png

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

That's OK Rob, if I'm going to look silly/ill informed it might as well be at the hands of an Aussie. :-) (Who better do do it I say)If that's how they mostly look then that's fine by me. I admit the Auckland and Sydney Cargo areas seem pretty sparse in real life. The few I've seen in Europe looked a wee bit more interesting (remote stands, roadway markings etc)I consider myself corrected!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>That's OK Rob, if I'm going to look silly/ill informed it>might as well be at the hands of an Aussie. :-) (Who better do>do it I say)>>If that's how they mostly look then that's fine by me. I admit>the Auckland and Sydney Cargo areas seem pretty sparse in real>life. The few I've seen in Europe looked a wee bit more>interesting (remote stands, roadway markings etc)>>I consider myself corrected!Aside from the obvious ports-of-call for the 744F, I am excited as many freight operations are ad-hoc and you never know which exotic location you'll be called upon to haul freight to and from.Also, it isn't uncommon for both short and long segments to be a fact of life in dispatching the Queen.Looking forward to it...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest Marc Harrington

Aerosoft's Mega-Airport Frankfurt EDDF has a nicely detailed representation of that airport's cargo areas.

Guest morvious

Always nice to see another FTG member around in forums!!There is a very good Incheon and bangkok scenery availible on avsim.There are a few more freeware scenery's availible, just look for them on avsim, also, as a FTG member you should know the Hong Kong scenery.There are also offcourse the italian scenery's, and many jappenese airports availible all for free!If you want to have payware airports, there are to many to choose from ;)A few links for freeware scenery'shttp://www.isdproject.com/http://flightinfo.ens.ne.jp/sfs/ (Many Jappense airports)http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=44636 RKSIThere is also a good chance that you will find scenery's at the fleet pages on the FTG homepage!!Hope it helps a little.Cheers

As Marc said, the new EDDF is very good. The Fly-Tampa series like SFO and SEA have real good looking cargo areas as well. The 4 major cargo airports (IMO) are not done at all though two have freeware. -PANC---not done by anyone-KMEM---freeware avail but not good-KSDF---not done by anyone-VHHH---freeware is avail and Cloud9 is building one for payware

Eric 

ughwhy is cloud9 doing VHHH? No offense but there is an amazing freeware airport available here in the library. There are soooo many airports still waiting to be done. a good rendition of jfk, lax, (simflyers' are framerate hogs)and PANC has never been touched by the high quality developers.I would recommend the freeware japanese airports linked above, VHHH here in the library, Flytampas Dubai, Seattle, Miami, Flight Scenery Portland (when it comes out, soon hopefully), UK2000's EGLL and other sceneries from that group, EDDF which is amazing, Cloud9s EHAM, ISDs Italian airpots, the awesome freeware sceneries in the library here by Tolmachevo of UNNT and USSS, and plenty more out thereHere is a plea from me to the great developers like FlyTampa, please do PANC and ELLX! And an updated and better framerate friendly LAX and JFK would be awesome! Ben Gurion and Cairo