Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ruud op de Weegh

Pack 3 off and other errors

Guest Ruud op de Weegh

Hello captains!!After searching half a day nothing appears to be interesting for solving my problem.Starting up the 747 Queen of the Sky according to the manual sometimes the artificial horizon is completely black and the flightplan at the main panel is gone although all switches of the OVHD panel are in their normal position like the IRS switches. The only way to solve this so far is choosing another livery after restarting Fsim. When I choose the same flight using another livery it does not work, so I have to create another flight at the same airport/position.My second problem is the error "Pack 3 off". But all packs are in their "MORM" position.Third is the red rectangle for engine # 4 in the same window as the error previously mentioned. Everything runs fine, but I would like to know why this happens?

hi!looks like no one's responded to your query. well, i would suggest loading a cessna, shut it down completely, INCLUDING avionics, and load a 744. then, proceed with normal procedures checklist to start her up. hopefully you should be ok...also, make sure that you have the STDBY POWER switch on AUTO.good luck

Guest Ruud op de Weegh

Hello lostmoon!Thanks for your reply!>looks like no one's responded to your query. well, i would>suggest loading a cessna, shut it down completely, INCLUDING>avionics, and load a 744. then, proceed with normal procedures>checklist to start her up. hopefully you should be ok...>also, make sure that you have the STDBY POWER switch on AUTO.I did what you suggested and that works too. But it still would not to be considered as a normal procedure, wouldn't it?To be sure I do not have to tell ATC I have to go offline again to load another aircraft to let it work normally again, I have to load another aircraft first then... Ooopsss..Switching the STDBY to AUTO is written on line # 2 of my checklist hihi.Have a nice weekend!

Guest legbeforewicket

Pack 3 is off if you have cargo fire switches armed on the overhead switched on. I had this "problem" until it was solved by others in the forum. If this is the case even if PACKs are in "Norm" mode Pack 3 will be switched off.Sorry cant help with the first part of your problem.CheersClowesy

Sounds like you have a "bad" saved panel file. Select the cessna, save as default flight. Reload FS then select the 400. Save a new panel file and start again. I always start FS in windowed mode, then go to the opening screen rather than straight to a loaded flight.