Sign in to follow this  
Guest beavhow320

PMDG 747-400

Guest beavhow320

hey everybody!!since the release of the B747 from PMDG, and recently the B777 from PSS, I wonder if the great team of PMDG is working on a working weather radar for its B747-400!!!Hope to have some news soonbest regardsBeavhow320

i read somewhere, that PMDG is not considering integrating a working WXR for their products.Tom

Guest beavhow320

that's really a pitty, it would have been more realistic, and it would have made the PMDG B747 the best more than it is today!!!may they consider back there decision ^^

Hello nameless, You are required to sign your real name to your posts on this forum. There is no weather radar that is in any manner "realistic" currently for FS9 and those who claim there is such a thing do not have an idea on how the real one is suppose to work. If you are talking about eye candy then this is certainly possible but very doubtful for a sim such as the 744f unless MSX gives down the road the 3rd party developers the right tools to create such radars.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest andyman

I think the "FS weather engine is bad" is just an exscuse. 2-3 companies have already built a weather radar. You can buy the gauges or a stand alone or you can buy a product with the built in. I think it's just stubborness.

>I think the "FS weather engine is bad" is just an exscuse.>2-3 companies have already built a weather radar. You can buy>the gauges or a stand alone or you can buy a product with the>built in. I think it's just stubborness. Sure as I mentioned, a "type" of weather radar is possible but make no mistake it's eye candy and looks nothing like the real deal let alone replicates true weather in all it's glory. This is not guess work but the facts. There are no SDK instructions for developers to model a "true" weather radar in our current sim. One company has come close but even it is far from reality... [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest andyman

So is your philosophy make it 100% perfect or don't do it? Hmm i guess if you think of it that way they shouldn't have made the 747 period.

Well no, I am in the group of "make it with what we have" like you state but I am only a tester. I think having something that "looks" a bit like reality would be pretty neat but alos understand why PMDG do not wish to spend lots of time developing something that cannot be developed to thier standards. To tell you the truth Andy, what I am thinking is that MS will release something for the X version in this regard and have a "gut" feeling that the F will be able to run in FSX too, this is only a guess but for the life of me cannot fathom that PMDG would not want to have the F series/MD11 etc work in the newer version. So if PMDG are going to make a weather radar then it would make more sense to wait for the new sim to be released and to develope on that.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest dt1951

I am sure they considered it. But they have to make decisions on where to apply their development assets, and what compromises to make. I am sure they could make this aircraft so incredibly complex that it wouldn't run on any known machine because of amount of computer resources it would take to make it run properly, and take 10 years to perfect it. So they made choices on what they thought made sense. I may not agree with everything they did, but they did a good job. So my hat is off to them for what they did make.

Guest beavhow320

Yes Dan, there's nothing to say about the PMDG team is doing...The only thing is that when you see other products that are released just after the 747, we are in our rights to wonder the goodies that could be add in coming updates.There's no way to make an addon as real as the real airplane...the 747 (and recently the 777 from pss) is to hard to duplicate in simulation to perform an addon as good as the real machine...even in cockpit builders world...but arguing about updates is not a worth thing to do, is it?best fliesguillaume