Sign in to follow this  
Guest rudyrox

HELP WITH PDMG 737-600/700!!!! HELP!!

Guest rudyrox

i have always used the simple autopilot provided by microsoft planes. but now there like tons of buttons for it! all i want is VOR navigation with altitude selction and vor route selection. PLEASE HELP i have no clue wat to do!!!

Guest andyman

U need to read the manuals... bud. They are located on : Start, All programs, PMDG Simulations, 737 FLIGHT MANUAL. Read over all of the manuals.

Guest rudyrox

i just need the autopilot help and idc where in those stupid manuls it is!

Rudy is it? Please take a moment ot read the forum guidlines which state one must use their real name on the PMDG forun if they desire any help from PMDG and so their posts do not get deleted. The A/P is in some ways like the default jets, in that you set the altitude you desire on the mode control panel (Autopilot panel). To be able to get up to your chosen altitude is a little different though. You must arm the autothrottle, engage a CMD button (right above the A/P bar). Once you get the bird up/flaps up etc simply push the LVL CH button and it will climb up to your set target altitude. Of course this is very simplistic and much more is invloved yet I think you might be able to figure some things out from here. For a heading, simply set the hdg and push the knob. VORS etc set on the navs. This bird is complex, that is why it can be frustrating for users who come from flying the default planes. There are some help files in thew Avsim library, simply search the name " Fred Clausen" and follow this as best you can, it will help you learn all aspects of this wondeful sim.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest allblack

"stupid manuals" huh?Your reply was very reserved and tolerant Randy - I'm impressed.Not even close to what I had in mind, but the moment's passed.Tim

Guest dt1951

Tone it down some rudyrox. Turn off the CAPS LOCK. No need to shout; we are here to help when we can. And sign your real name per the forum guide lines. As stated above, this aircraft is not a "kick the tires and light the fires" aircraft. If that is all you are looking for, you should probably stay with freeware aircraft that do not model all the systems this one does. If you spend some time reading the manuals, I am sure you can find how to fly this bird in the way that you desire.