Sign in to follow this  
Guest rudyrox

my APP button does not work 737-700

Guest bigun

Mr/Ms. Whoever you are,I imagine most anyone is going to need a little more information than this.:+

Guest rudyrox

the approach button for my autopilot does not light up, im in CMD A.what do i need to do?

A couple of suggestions if I may.1/ sign your posts as per the forum rules.2/ read the manual as much as you can, try and understand it. Anything you are unsure of ask.3/ Ensure your Flight Director is switched on, ILS frequency tuned in both NAV radios, runway heading is dialed in to your Course heading, reduce altitude to 3000 ft AGL, make sure you are lined up with the runway (or at least at an acceptable interseption heading) then select your APP button.You really need to privide as much information as you possibly can, i.e. FMA modes, altitude, heading, rwy details, etc.Kind regards,Travis

Guest tmetzinger

1. Sign your name to your posts.2. Have an ILS (not a LOC, an ILS) frequency tuned in NAV1.3. Activate APP on the approach, the light should light up and then IT WILL GO OUT, which indicates you can't deselect it by pressing the button again. Look at the mode annunciators on the PFD to see what mode the autopilot is actually in.4. Read the manuals.

Guest dt1951

And it would be most helpful if you included more than just "it doesn't work". What were you doing at the time of selection? What was your heading? What angle were you to the Localizer? How far away from the airport when you selected the APP button? Were you already on the localizer at the time (using the LOC button)? Were you too far above the glide slope at the time so that APP wouldn't be useable? This kind of detail makes it easier for those trying to help you.