Sign in to follow this  
Guest mia

"REJECTED TAKE OFF B736/700"

Guest mia

Hi at all:My question is: what procedures the crew has to accommplish in order to make a "Rejected Takeoff" ?? For example: the aircraft has 110 kts(in this case less than V1) with TOGA mode activated and the Autobrakes in RTO mode. So, it

Guest tmetzinger

rejecting TOGA above 80 knots will activate the autobrakes and (I think) disconnect the autothrottle (or at lease put it back in ARM mode).RTO autobraking is significant - you don't need to do anything else, like deploy reversers or spoilers. Just maintain directional control and then get off the runway. Depending on the cause for the abort you'd then run the appropriate checklist (like the FIRE checklist).Even if no damage to the airframe I think you'll have to have the brakes and tires checked, as this is an event that can cause brake fires or tires to melt.

This is the abort procedure for a 737-600/700/800:-Captain simultaneously close the thrust levers, disengage the autothottles and apply maximum manual wheel brakes or verify operation on RTO autobrakes. FO verifies all of this is being done.-If RTO autobrakes is selected, monitor system performance and apply manual wheel brakes if the AUTO BRAKE DISARM light illuminates or deceleration is not adequate. Fo verifies all of this and calls out " SPEEDBRAKES UP" or "SPEEDBRAKES NOT UP".-Raise SPEED BRAKE lever.-Apply maximum reverse thrust consistent with conditions.-Continue maximum braking until certain the airplane will stop on the runway.-Field length permitting initiate movement of the reverse thrust levers to reach the reverse idle detent by taxi speed. FO calls out "60 knots" and communicates the reject decision to the control tower and cabin as soon as practical.-Review the Brake Cooling Schedule for the brake cooling time and precaution in the QRH.-Consider the following:Wheel fuse plugs meltingNeed to clear the runwayRemote parkingWind direction in case of fireAlerting fire equipmentNot setting the parking brake until a PAX evacuation is necessaryAdvising ground crew of the hot brake hazardAdvising PAX of the need to remain seated or evacuateCompletion of Non-Normal checklistFloyd

Guest tmetzinger

I assume by "conditions" that one wouldn't engage reversers if an engine failure or fire was suspected, as that reduces the containment?I'm pretty sure the balanced-field length calculation is based on brakes alone, not reversers or spoilers, so one SHOULD be able to stop on the remaining runway anytime you abort before V1, assuming prompt brake application by the autobrakes.

You assume correctly, don't reverse an engine that is on fire.During FAR Takeoff Field Length certification maximum manual braking and speedbrakes are required. However, thrust reverses are not. requiredFloyd

Guest mia

Thanks very much for your helps...Yes, I tried to make a lot of Rejected Tkoff

It's not very realistic but whatever works for you to enjoy your SIM.The other option is actually more realistic. During a real world rejected takeoff, no Captain would rely on autobrake alone without maximum manual braking as necessary. Floyd